iPhone 3GS

iPhone 3GS

This is very weird to see on woot lol

Toy for the kiddo to keep them away from your phone.

I wonder if these can also be used for trade ins that Verizon has been doing commercials for. The commercials say any iPhone & you’ll get a new phone & tablet etc etc. probably have to sign a 3 year deal at $100 bucks a month lol.

So it’s just like a decoy keyboard for cats?

meow

1 Like

There are no penguins in the banner of the subreddit.

Anyone know what the condition might be like? “Refurbished” only tells you what it is, but doesn’t give any clue as to the condition of the item.

Hi there, the below is a link to the Woot item condition glossary.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

Mine just came in. Looks like it was thrown out of a car and skidded across the asphalt (Back is all beat up) but otherwise it’s… trying to charge? No clue if it actually works or not. The included charger wouldn’t actually charge the phone but it’s plugged into my laptop now.

Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

It does work actually! No worries here just wanted people to know what the phone looked like.

I just got this but couldn’t activate it. How did you do that?

1 Like

I’ve got this too. Some blogs/forums say that just installing any SIM card (standard) may work. I think it’s just a safety parameter for iPhones to be activated. I tried activating via iTunes, and it told me the device needed a SIM to activate. I haven’t tried it yet, but I also don’t have a standard SIM card as well, lol. :slightly_frowning_face:

Door stop?

I had to get an AT&T sim card to get it to go past activation, my T-Mobile SIM wouldn’t work.

Also… fun fact, it’s an iPhone 3G not a 3GS. May want to check that in iTunes. Not sure if the seller misrepresented the iPhones or got a bad lot?

1 Like

It was this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZLV5AY

Make sure you reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

@ThunderThighs I just reached out. Hopefully we can get this cleared up but I think it was just a mistake on the sellers part. It was definitely not the condition listed in the photos.

It’s pulled from old Amazon inventory so could be an error in their listing or inventory in the wrong place.

1 Like

Mine was DOA. Would only power on when plugged into the wall and could not be restored through the computer as it would keep boot-looping.

I reach out to support who tell me they will send me a replacement immediately, are radio silent for several days and then refund me and say sorry we don’t have anymore.

Great service all around…

This phone was all the rage back when people were still using Cydia and playing Doodle Jump. Sheesh reminds me of geohot and ih8sn0w