Lone Mountain Wagyu Beef Jerky, 4 Pack

Lone Mountain Wagyu Beef Jerky, 4 Pack

Isn’t this like… the worst possible thing you could ever do with wagyu beef? lol.

1 Like

Ingredients: Wagyu Beef, Water, Salt, Cane, Brown & Maple Sugar (100% Maple Syrup), Sodium Nitrite, Less than 2% Glycerin added to prevent caking, Pepper, Spices, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Sodium Benzoate [less than 1/10 of 1% as a preservative]). Contains soy and wheat

This is a total of 12 oz, which puts it at $60/lb. – still better than the $100/lb they want on their site. Since there is no statement as to which parts/cuts this jerky comes from, this could just be trimmings for all we know… and without a reliable sourcing proof, there is no way to verify that this is really wagyu. “They claim it on the internet!” is not really a passable proof.

Perhaps you could write a nice letter to the company asking them for all the info you are seeking. They might actually have all the info you want. It’s easier than guessing. Right?

You are right ! Wagyu is extremely marbled tender beef. Why would one want to desiccate it and alter the texture to something harder and chewy? Meat abuse!

Here is how it is done where it is valued and treated right:

Not to worry. The cows don’t die of coronary artery disease.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s not that serious. I was just kind of wondering. The user below you answered my question well.

I’m learning about beef, and what I’ve learned is that wagyu is famous for its fat. Beef jerky is like getting rid of all of that good stuff and drying it out.

*EDIT: Also, sorry if I sounded rude (hopefully not!!). I’m one of the biggest proponents of Gourmet.Woot, especially since I see so many ridiculous comments like “Beehive Cheese!? I can get Kraft for so much less!” here. This product is just one I’m trying to understand. I think the biggest issue with Gourmet at this point is that so many local grocery stores are embracing local and gourmet stuff that at this point, I’m not entirely sure a lot on this category are much of a deal.

2 Likes

My dear late wife (bless her) turbo broiled some nice beef. It rendered the marbled fat and made good material for resoling shoes. Eating? No so much.

Diabolical cousin of above device sits unused in kitchen. I prefer not to burst, stifle, or desiccate dry my food.

1 Like