Lone Mountain Wagyu Jerky (4)

Wow, that is the most expensive jerky I’ve ever seen. Wagyu is supposed to be known for its superior marbling, which sounds yucky in jerky. I sometimes make jerky and marbling is not something I want in the meat I use. I want it as lean as possible with no visible fat. I recently made some with London Broil and thought it was extra yummy.

I largely thought the same, then googled around and saw it goes for $31 per bag on the actual vendors site, and as high as $70 per bag on other sites, so price-wise this seems to be a good deal.

From what I can tell of the ‘story’ behind the jerky, it’s apparently largely processed from just one giant farm acreage, perhaps explains the upper end cost?

Other than that what bit of reviews I can find say it has a pretty strong garlic and maple syrup flavour to the juices once you bite in, which makes me kinda want to risk it :stuck_out_tongue:

Oddly looks like the entire amazon storefront for Lone Mountain Wagyu is down or disabled or something.

That is not the sign of a good deal; that’s just a sign of a lower price.

The $31 on the manufacturer’s website is for 2 bags. The site that has it for $69 is for 4 bags.

I have purchased other products from Lone Mountain. Very high quality products, and great customer service if something ever goes wrong

The Jerky Report Five stars it

FYI

Product Ingredients:

+100% Fullblood Wagyu Beef

• Water
  • Salt
  • Cane
  • Brown & Maple Sugar (100% Maple Syrup)
  • Sodium Nitrite
  • less than 2% glycerine added to prevent caking
  • Pepper
  • Spices
  • Garlic Powder
  • Soy Sauce (water
  • wheat
  • soybeans
  • salt
  • Sodium Benzoate [less than 1/10 of 1% as a preservative]). Contains Soy and Wheat

Found at:
https://www.directeats.com/shop/by-food/100-fullblood-wagyu-beef-jerky/

^ what rgarnier said! If Acme pencils were sold on different sites for $100 but you can get one on woot for $50, would it be a good deal?

That’s $61.32 per pound!

Woot, what happened to the deals dude?

This may be the most spectacular misuse of Waygu beef I’ve ever seen.

Yes, you want super, super lean meat for jerky. Because it’s a preservation method, and the fat will make it go rancid.

Meanwhile, what the Waygu really has to offer, which is superior tenderness… is really kind of lost when you dry it.

A product for people who care more about having fancy food words in the names of what they eat than in how food actually works.

Late reply but ah missed those oddly.

Okay so savings weren’t as incredible but there were still, kinda savings? lol