Mastrad Purefizz Soda Maker Set

I have two SodaStream machines, one I bought 11-12 years ago from the distributor for $80, and one I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago for $2! I love them both. The large tank size lasts me a couple months. I don’t necessarily find it to be much cheaper than buying cases of 1 liter bottles, (though it may well be) but the convenience of not having to schlep a case or two of seltzer home each week makes it worth so much more. I’m not sure about this offering or other products on the market right now but I definitely recommend the SodaStream.

Ohhhhh, that’s on rollback from $49.00, I’m going to pick one up now! I want to try it and see if I like using it prior to investing in a more expensive model.

I’ve never had or used a soda maker before so I don’t know what is required, but I’m looking at all the comments about C02 tanks. In the product specs the description includes:“Includes, CO2 Charger only for you use for Purefizz Sode Maker”

What is this?

Its also about conservation…all that plastic and aluminum …everything with Sodastream is reuseable…you even return the carbonator cartridge and get a discount for the next one.

Do you mean that the Carbonator is compatible with the PureFizz or Soda Stream or both? The waste of the little co2 cartridges is what’s keeping us from buying something like this.

Hey all. Buyer is in a happy Friday mood and has lowered the price! Go buy all the fizzers!

If you already bought it, never fear. That money will come flying back to your pockets soonish.

These things are like razors, the handle is cheap/free, the blades are expensive. You’re going to go through a ton of those individual co2 cartridges, which isn’t cheap and adds to the landfills.
I have a SodaStream, and an adapter from the CO2 Doctor that lets me hook it up to a standard CO2 tank. Instead of paying $15-20 for x ounces of CO2 from SodaStream, I have a 5lb tank that costs me $25 to refill, and lasts 2-3 months making at least 5 liters a day of carbonated water.

Thanks for a great rating and information!

We are not buying it to make soda pop like Coca Cola or Pepsi which are some of the unhealthiest store bought items around due to the ingredients in store bought pop. We want to make our own carbonated fruit juice with a fizz, right off the tree on our Southern property. The cost works well for our us instead of buying a restaurant quality machine that is $550 or higher at a restaurant distributor friend’s wholesale price. None of us have drank soda pop in 20 years and we don’t miss it. Each buyer has their own use for it, not all want to make soda pop.

I agree, much cheaper to buy your popular soda in the can.

However, for me it is the opportunity to make a more natural product. As soon as you start considering what it costs for sodas that contain any measurable amount of natural juice, this product starts to make much more sense.

Additionally, I am not aware of any commercially available carbonated juices that are 100% juice.

Finally, I don’t know that you can use a soda stream or similar product to make a 100% juice beverage without having to use a concentrate to your carbonated water.

I’m in for one, maybe two!

Because that’s c**rap and sometimes you want nice things.

Sodastream is everywhere. Easy to get refills on CO2 and can customize favors after carbonating cold water. Just add your juice or flavor concentrate after. Have been using it for years. Cutting down on plastic waste, fresh and tasty natural flavoring is a priority. Packaged sodas going the way of the 8 track…cassette…CD…iPod…-> CLOUD!

Can you use your Soda Stream to make carbonated fresh squeezed juice?

The most economical solution is to build your own, and use a huge CO2 tank so that you can make 800 gallons between refills. Refills cost me about $30. Up-front cost is about $125-$150 for the entire setup, then $30 to refill every couple years. I have one and am very happy with it. Tons of websites tell how to do this, and here is one of them:

No, you cannot, unless you want to clean the machine out when you relieve the pressure on the bottle- it will foam and go everywhere.

(don’t ask how I know this.)

On a side note, the return on investment on the sodastream and it’s ilk really shines for making your own sodas, especially if you pop for the conversion kits to run the machine from either a paintball cylinder or a larger (5/20 pound) bottle.

Now if I can just find a good clone of the Dr. pepper recipe…

With the Soda Stream you can only carbonate water (reports of people doing otherwise exist but they can lead to messy explosions).

That being said we mix the carbonated water with fruit juices for a carbonated fruit beverage all the time.

This is soda pressing.

Also there’s those of us who live car-free. I /could/ lug cases of soda around the city… or I could get one of these and make the occasional soda at home.

Or I could just stick to water, and homemade iced tea. Think I’ll stick with that. This is a bit tempting, though, because soda water + juice = nom nom nomm.

DING! And this is why I’m pressing the button: I really like fizzy water with a little lemon or lime, but I do most of my shopping on foot or by bike, and buying the fizz means making room for it in the backpack and schlepping it home.

Getting recyclable (yay!) cartridges delivered to my home, and using water out of the tap? WIN.

The price went down, and the list price went up…hmm… :wink: