Mountain House Freeze Dried Food

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Mountain House Freeze Dried Food
Price: $12.99 - 69.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Oct 11 to Wednesday, Oct 12) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Mountain House Freeze Dried Food) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Mountain House Freeze Dried Food) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Mountain - Google Shopping House Freeze Dried Food)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/18/2016 - $12.99 - 69.99 - Click To See Discussion (8 comments)
1/26/2016 - $34.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)
1/13/2016 - $34.99 - 69.99

10/10/2016 - $54.99 (Woot Plus)
9/12/2016 - $54.99 (Woot Plus)
9/12/2016 - $54.99 (Woot Plus)

The nutritional labels aren’t very informative if you can’t enlarge them… just sayin’ is all…

I’m in for three of two, so… we’ll see…

Product Page with Reviews

We are working on finding higher quality images. Hopefully we will have some up by tomorrow morning.

Thank God the condition is new. This is one product I definitely don’t want a refurb.

If you go to their website (same link as the product reviews), there are much higher-res versions of the nutritional labels plus full zoom for each one. Just click on the product you’re thinking of.

I don’t need a #10 can. What are the chances you will stock the pouches or the 3, 4, or 5 day kits, or even the buckets?

Odd. The preparation video has her just make the whole can at once. She dumps in 2 or 3 cups of boiling water and stirs it up like a giant cup-o-ramen.

We bought this last time woot had it offered to give it a try before considering buying more to keep for future if needed.

I’m happy to report that we were more than pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and taste. We first tried the spaghetti with meat sauce and we’re shocked at how much better tasting it was than we had expected.

At first it was a little scary seeing it dehydrated and noticing an expiration date of late 2047. Would I even be alive then? But once we added the boiling water and waited the 8 minutes it was good to go!

My only note for potential buyers is that while the meat is real, it’s more bits than large chunk like portions so for the stroganoff, it’s rather small pieces of beef. Other than that, it’s a great product. Definitely in for more.

Check Sellout.Woot. They have 2, 5 and 14 day kits (the 14 day kit is made up of 2-5 day boxes) and the Essential Bucket. The Breakfast Bucket option is already sold out, it doesn’t look like there were many left in stock to begin with.

Well I guess when the power has been out for 3 months or the economy has collapsed or there’s been a massive tectonic upheaval of the US pacific plate or…whatever…and there is massive rioting, looting, and people getting beaten to death over a can of peaches…will the nutritional content of the food matter? :slight_smile:

Just a tip for those who have not made these before. Cut the recommended water by about 15% and just let it cook a couple of minutes longer before you start eating. It keeps the end product from being as soupy.

MATH?? When all I want is food in my belly??

I’ve always put the recommended amount and have never had an issue with a soupy product. As it stands the product absorbs more of the liquid. To be honest sometimes think of adding extra water just to give it more of a sauce.

Rick Grimes approves.

The Seafood one is cheaper on the Mountain House Site.

Shipping kills it.

lol… true that.

This stuff is so good. Hurricane Matthew was a good opportunity for us to run through our annual hurricane drill (no damage, thanks for asking- we don’t live in Arkansas anymore). This year it included chow from Mountain House. The beef stroganoff is delicious.

I purchased a whole shipload of this product in a previous sale, on the recommendation of a friend who is a prepper. I now have a much higher opinion of my prepper buddy.