Muscardini Cellars - 3 Pack

Any chance you could enlighten with some tasting notes on either/both? I’m having trouble remembering from my last visit to the tasting room.

Ooh, these are lovely. I had them last time and was not disappointed.

He has a shared tasting room with Ty Caton, and it really is a must if you’re anywhere near Sonoma. Go on a weekday when it’s hopefully just you in there if you can so you can get some one-on-one attention. I’ve been twice and it was a standout on both occasions in every aspect of the tasting experience.

I enjoyed his posts too, why is he no longer wooting?

Can anyone explain how a harvest date is after a bottle date? I’m assuming harvest was in '08 correct - typo? Just curious if I’m missing something. If my memory serves me right, '08 was a bit of a harsh year in the Valley no? On the fence for one.

It’s ironic that the $59 three pack is a black tie, and the $399 single bottle wasn’t :wink:

Unknown…he said his goodbyes and left.

Didn’t see this posted yet.

Prices are $47 for the 2008 Tesoro and $38 for the 2009 Barbera, for a total of $132 for all 3.

At $59.99, this is a screaming deal!

I too have been really enjoying the recent Barbera offerings (Armida “Two Vintage” Barbera, C.G. Di Arie, etc.).

This is exactly the kind of offering I appreciate from woot. Wines from a Winery I’ve never tried, at a price point ($40 average List price) around $20 a bottle.

I’m in for one!

I actually hope I regret not buying 2 or 3 . . .

Speed to First Woot: 0m 50.810s
First Sucker: pirateqb10
Last Wooter To Woot: emccarl

Sitting here eating a simple bowl of ravioli and drinking a glass of the Tesoro from the last offering. Food friendly, wonderful mouth feel, dark chocolate notes. In for one, er, maybe 2…?

It wasn’t particularly nice, but it was kinda funny.

Two things:

I just attended the Ty Caton & Muscardini Fan Appreciation Night 1-2 weeks ago and ended up purchasing 4 bottles of each of these wines. They were (obviously) different but both very tasty. I brought a bottle of the Barbara to a dinner with my family. It was immediately devoured with many compliments. I’m more of a fan of the Tesoro. The Barbara is definitely very smooth, but there’s something in the Tesoro that pairs well with the salmon I was having and even better with the chocolate afterwards. I’m in for another set or two.

Second Comment: Woot really needs to drop FedEx and go back to UPS. I have had nothing but problems with FedEx and I’m leaning toward putting one of those SIWMBFMEMS whatevers on my wallet until there’s a change. I know that there are reasons for choosing FedEx that go beyond my silly little rant, but UPS is sooooo much nicer/better/easier to work with from the consumer’s end.

I had a Tesoro a month or so back. I found it to be very earthy and just plain different from most reds I’ve had-- in both the nose and taste of this wine. I wish I could use more descriptors, but I took it to a BYOB Vietnamese restaurant awhile back and have no notes.

While I haven’t tried the Barbera yet, I’m re-upping my supplies for sure.

I don’t think you’d be disappointed in a purchase.

This has quite a few typos. How about those dark “chewies” and the wine that was bottled in September 2009 a month before it was harvested in October 2009.

So… based on the bright pink, I’m not the only Minnesota winer wooting! Good to see as I have come to trust the opinions of my fellow Land o’ Lakes folk.

Oh by the way… how was the Minneapolis gathering last weekend? I would have been a newbie, but wasn’t available. Perhaps next time?

I hope they are worth it… I just HAD to try them… hope hubby understands… :slight_smile:

Pretty slow wootoff today…still hoping for some Corison, Wellington or Ty Caton.

I am out, and posting from my phone. The Tesoro is a good Tuscan blend, with the Sangio taking center stage, and the rest mellowing out the roughness that I associate with a straight Sangio.

I think I prefer Scott Harvey’s barbera to the Muscardini, but it is a soft fruit entry with a nice finish.

I’ve been hoping for Corison for a long time, now that they ship to my state.

And Muscardini is good stuff. I’m trying to keep the SIWBM, but Muscardini is an auto-buy. In for two.

Now, Corison, please?

Anyone know where I can see the wine.woot items I missed during the woot-off? I have chekced the typical trackers, and haven’t had any luck. I wanted to see if I missed any cheese offerings. Thanks!

This Minnesotan is in for 1! Now wishing I’d done 2.