North American Outdoors Heavy Duty Charcoal Grill

Pretty sure this grill is a dalek ancestor.

I had the same problem with the one I just bought. The front panel is incorrect. The hole is on the WRONG side. I can’t get WOOT to respond to refund requests AFTER I contacted the maker and they told me they don’t make the part any longer.

Don’t buy it! The front panel has the hole for the crank drilled on the wrong side - yes I tried to install it upside down and it won’t work that way either as the drawer for the ashes won’t fit/work then.

I always light my chimney by simply putting it on my gas grill’s side gas burner for about 10 minutes… problem solved.

You own a gas grill and it comes with a side burner? And you bought this one? God love you, you must be a glutton for punishment!

I guess I’m the only one who got a grill that didn’t have the hole drilled in the wrong place? I got mine last month and it is fine, with very little cosmetic damage. It took a long time to put together, and it isn’t super heavy duty, but it still seems like a good deal for the money to me. I’ve used it three times so far and had no problems.

We got this when it was a deal last month and haven’t had any problems…I guess we were lucky! My husband loves this grill more than his 22" weber kettle, though we are holding onto that one for smaller jobs. For the price, it’s not so bad if you don’t get the reversed part that so many others have gotten.

No, I have a gas grill and a bullet style smoker. Was just weighing in on the charcoal lighting/chimney discussion.

Seems like it wouldn’t be that hard to just drill another hole in the right place.

Bad news. The manufacturer rep says this model is no longer in production, has been pulled from stores and is no longer supported by warranty. His recommendation was requesting a refund from Woot.
For more information ask for Andy at 1 866 NAO GRIL (1 866 626 4745)

Great review. Seriously? A stolen shower curtain? Snappy pictures, too! Nice arm…are you the one-armed grillmaster I saw on TV?
I liked your review so much I bought one. I figured if you can come away from all of this only losing an arm, I should be ok, too.

Yeah, I’m with you on that. All these people complaining about the hole…ever hear of a drill?

I bought this the last time it was on too. It is a flimsy piece of junk that won’t seal up well enough to control the temp. One of the brackets for the lift mechanism didn’t look anything like what was in the instructions so I had to drill new holes in it to even make it work. I will be buying a weber.

Got my grill put together tonight, took about 1 1/2 hours. Overall very satisfied with the quality of the grill. No missing parts, adequate instructions in English. Not the most heavy duty but well worth the $69.95. Everything works as advertised, excellent value for the money.

I have been enjoying this grill for 4 yrs and it is GREAT! Good product, no complaints.