Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom

So it’s prolly carbon… unless it’s an ion? cation?

Oh well I’m getting one.

Y’know what makes this shirt for me? The fact that the electrons all have different sad facial expressions. They’re all negative, but their uniquely negative in their own way.

Just wait until it loses one of those electrons. Things would just get Boron.

I do believe you mean proton.

Cute, a little bit nerdy, and not a bunny. Pretty cool.

why is the complete octet upset? they are stable the most stable, unless they are sad because they are lonely, and cannot bind with anything.

That’s actually not a complete octet. It would need four more or four fewer electrons for a complete octet.

**A carbon atom contains 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons, 2 in the first energy level (the sad ones…) and 4 in the second. :wink: **

I would totally spring for this but I have too many blue Woot shirts already :frowning:

Here’s hoping Skyline or Eat More Meat come in 3rd :slight_smile:

Call me a fool, but what is the joke about bi people?

I swear. Every shirt I’ve seen on this site makes me want to buy it for one of my friends.

Neutral neutrons!

Wow, Ramby what a tough crowd.

“We did a Kawaiiiii derby and Ramby only placed SECOND? That’s like the Devil losing a tanning contest because it was too hot! Shame on you, Ramyb. You’re losing your touch.”

And that from the Woot staff. I guess when it comes to Kawai, great cuteness is expected from you.

Are these oranges repelling water or something?? (I never was good at science…)

Bicarbonate.

I’m a biology major and chem minor. I assumed it was talking about “bio” people that didn’t know anything about Chemistry.

Meh. Whatever, love the shirt.

Absolutely right. But the 4 in the outer shell are “angry”, they’re looking to tangle with anyone that gets close.

Bought this shirt just because of that sentence.

Hell Yes.

Quantum ducks have it beat. Not to mention those giraffes hiding in kitchen ovens–not that sober physicists would ever find such a thing!

That works too! The world may never know.