Order Denial

Woot confirms my order using the same Amazon Prime acct and card used to make Amazon purchases for another 5 days and then I check and see the order is denied without any notice from them. Great communication and service. Thanks Woot!

2 Likes

Yup, award winning service! They probably had a fulfillment problem.

G4cSgLf

1 Like

Hi there. I’m sorry for the frustration. This was due to automated security checks. Looks like the authorization denial was delayed a few hours.

1 Like

Oh, how embarrassing. I hereby withdraw my Woot Oops picture.

1 Like

You’re in good company…
I’ve denied many of the purchases that I have made on woot.

4 Likes

Did you get the boob tape, too?

1 Like

Nah, I missed that one.

1 Like

These Wooters are STILL trying to blame Bank Of America for their inept programmer doing their security protocols. Woot is the red-headed step child of Amazon. The fact I made 10 purchases sucessfully with this same BOA card 6 days AND I logged into my same Amazon account for thid denied purchase proves it. If Woot would just own their error rather then continuing to stand by their false narrative as told by Aisha below then I would let it go but patent dishonesty I will not. Never buy from these idiots. Done with them, You can’t fix stupid or liars.

RE: Order Number:xxxxxxx
Subject: Proof Required Of Your Claimed BOA Purchase DENIAL

Aisha,
What the hell is this for an explanation?
“Your bank declined our attempt to charge your card or our internal security checks did not let this order go through.”

Of course it was your internal security check which is to blame not Bank Of America like you claim. The fact you are skirting the issue and taking responsibility only proves what I stated. Your business plan is to oversell and use a bank denial when you run out of stock. This is fraud so own it and quite obfuscating with blaming BOA where I have had a business account far longer then Woot or Amazon have been in existence. Bottom line is that you are patently dishonest
and nobody should even consider purchasing from Woot.com.

I will be fling a formal complaint up the corporate chain to Beso’s office with your name on it.

Quit blaming the bank when you denied the charge for this item. You call Bank Of America and confirm what I have repeated told you which is that they did not deny the charge. I have had a business BOA account for longer than you or Amazon has been in existence. Why would I trust your dishonest explanation you keep repeating?

Hi there,

I understand that you wish to know why your order was denied.

Your bank declined our attempt to charge your card or our internal security checks did not let this order go through.

A charge can fail for a variety of reasons, many of which may not be related to the validity of the credit card or available balance. Here are some things to check:

• The credit card number is entered correctly without any transposed digits.
  • The correct expiration date is entered and isn’t expired.
  • The billing address and phone number match those associated with your credit card.
  • The card’s limit is not exceeded.
  • The credit card wasn’t recently reissued with a different credit card number and/or expiration date.

You may want to contact your issuing bank to ask about their restrictions regarding electronic or Internet purchases.

Please provide below transaction ID to your bank as a proof that we tried to charge your card multiple times and it was your bank who declined the payment.

Here’s the Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for your reference.

Meanwhile, please try placing the order using a different payment method.

I hope you understand my limitations in this case.

For any further questions and concerns, we’re just an email away.

Have a good day!
We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.
Best regards,
Aisha
Woot.com

Hi there. I’m sorry you’re upset but like many retailers, we do security checks on transactions. You were given some things to try in the email from customer service.

1 Like

Bump…Faxed complaint has been filed through Amazon’s secure fax number of 206-266-1838. I suggest you do the same because Woot is essentially using a “Bait & Switch” type tactic whereby they blame the credit card issuer for denying a purchase when they run out of stock and can’t fulfill it. This is basically fraudulent so when you think you have that great deal and it never arrives, look on your account for their DENIAL blaming your credit card issues because they don’t even email you with this information. Amazon sure as hell doesn’t operate this way so this “red headed step child” needs to be reigned and put in quarantine.

These Wooters are STILL trying to blame Bank Of America for their inept programmer doing their security protocols. Woot is the red-headed step child of Amazon. The fact I made 10 purchases sucessfully with this same BOA card 6 days AND I logged into my same Amazon account for thid denied purchase proves it. If Woot would just own their error rather then continuing to stand by their false narrative as told by Aisha below then I would let it go but patent dishonesty I will not. Never buy from these idiots. Done with them, You can’t fix stupid or liars.
RE: Order Number xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Proof Required Of Your Claimed BOA Purchase DENIAL

Aisha,
What the hell is this for an explanation?
“Your bank declined our attempt to charge your card or our internal security checks did not let this order go through.”

Of course it was your internal security check which is to blame not Bank Of America like you claim. The fact you are skirting the issue and taking responsibility only proves what I stated. Your business plan is to oversell and use a bank denial when you run out of stock. This is fraud so own it and quite obfuscating with blaming BOA where I have had a business account far longer then Woot or Amazon have been in existence. Bottom line is that you are patently dishonest
and nobody should even consider purchasing from Woot.com.

I will be fling a formal complaint up the corporate chain to Beso’s office with your name on it.

Quit blaming the bank when you denied the charge for this item. You call Bank Of America and confirm what I have repeated told you which is that they did not deny the charge. I have had a business BOA account for longer than you or Amazon has been in existence. Why would I trust your dishonest explanation you keep repeating?
Hi there,

I understand that you wish to know why your order was denied.

Your bank declined our attempt to charge your card or our internal security checks did not let this order go through.

A charge can fail for a variety of reasons, many of which may not be related to the validity of the credit card or available balance. Here are some things to check:

The credit card number is entered correctly without any transposed digits.
The correct expiration date is entered and isn’t expired.
The billing address and phone number match those associated with your credit card.
The card’s limit is not exceeded.
The credit card wasn’t recently reissued with a different credit card number and/or expiration date.
You may want to contact your issuing bank to ask about their restrictions regarding electronic or Internet purchases.

Please provide below transaction ID to your bank as a proof that we tried to charge your card multiple times and it was your bank who declined the payment.

Here’s the Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for your reference.

Meanwhile, please try placing the order using a different payment method.

I hope you understand my limitations in this case.

For any further questions and concerns, we’re just an email away.

Have a good day!
We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.
Best regards,
Aisha

So you faxed a complaint to Amazon and named the CS rep who is just doing whatever their supervisor or manager instructed them to do. That’s like blaming a cashier at a store about the prices they don’t set or blaming a server at a restaurant for the food they didn’t cook.

I’m sure Aisha and the others in CS are doing their best during a very difficult time. Please have a little patience and remember those on the other end of your messages are real people with real feelings. I don’t know what you ordered that was denied but is it really worth all this? Mistakes happen. I’m sure you make them, too.

2 Likes

Exactly which is classic “Bait” without the switch then blame your bank…It’s BS.

In other words, stop being such a jerk. You weren’t harmed. Woot has to have some kind of security to protect us from people who are fraudulently using our credit cards. But I guess if they didn’t, you would be sending letters about that.

1 Like

Did you call the bank and ask if they blocked Woot? Or are you making an assumption?

I also have had a Bank Of America account for over 16 years and occasionally they absolutely decline the odd random order. The frustration I also completely understand - I couldn’t get an Xbox 360 back when they were the hotness as my preorder declined at GameStop randomly on my BoA credit card because some random algorithm decided it might’ve been fraud. But I can say if it was a stock issue (which also can happen), Woot is always up front about it and take those lumps because that entirely does happen and you can search the forums for when TT has explained that directly. In this case, if the card is declined by Amazon’s security checks or BoA, that is absolutely what happened. The CS people have literally no reason to lie about that.

1 Like

Are the shirts really not being delivered until July?

They had to shut down the shirt printing part because it’s not an essential service.

4 Likes

Aha! That makes perfect sense. Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

The app game & the March Woot-off are also temporarily canceled.

5 Likes