PlayStation 3 60GB System

PlayStation 3 60GB System

This states that this is the fully backwards compatible version (plays PS2 and PS1 games). It’s my understanding that this only applies to the original release of the system and it was then removed from later versions… Can anyone verify that this version being sold is in fact the fully backwards compatible version? Thank you!

So we’re helping Amazon clear out this inventory. Since we don’t have eyes on them, we can’t guarantee it. We’re gonna remove the bullet as a precaution.

1 Like

Mine arrived yesterday. It is backward compatible with PS2 games–ran several, no issues. It did not come with a controller. Mine was “packaged” in an original PS3 box with power cable. Nothing else. No padding whatsoever in the PS3 box.

The woot price seems competitive with recent Ebay offerings of the original backwards compatible console.

If this is the US model (which it probably is), this PS3 is backwards compatible. Sony released 3 variations that are backwards compatible, the 20gb, 60gb, and the 80gb. The 60gb is guaranteed to be backwards compatible. Here is my source: PlayStation® Official Site: Consoles, Games, Accessories & More

I bought another PS3 before seeing this one and I can confirm what mthen10 has mentioned. The machine comes in a box with no padding, so in transit your machine will likely endure some scuffs and scratches. Although, it sounds like mthen10’s system didn’t even come with an AV cable nor a controller. The PS3 slim I ordered before seeing this listing arrived with the system, power cable, AV cable, and a Dualshock 3.

2 Likes

Got mine Yesterday. If this is what passes as a refurb, I’m a little worried. The case was cracked, and barely attached, it’s missing a piece, and there was a nickel stuck in one of the memory card ports… I managed to remove the nickel, and it seems to be working. But, I’m really not thrilled with the condition of the PS3 on the whole.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that it is fully backwards compatable.

Egads. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. We got these Amazon and we want to track issues.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Bought what I thought would be a 60gb Phat backwards
Compatible only
To receive a 80 gb version which the hdmi didn’t work … thanks woot🤷🏽‍♂️

I received mine yesterday and the model number on the back of the console indicates it is the correct CECHA01 model. I have not had a chance to test it yet but will later today or tomorrow. From the exterior it seems to be in good condition.

Update: Yellow Light of Death. Trying to decide if returning it or reapplying the thermal paste myself is more hassle.

Visually what arrived was in much better than expected condition, other than missing the controller. Attempting to update the OS to the current version over wi-fi, though, has finished the download but left it stuck in a loop trying to apply the update with an error 8002F14E, and no way to break out of it, even with a full power off and on. Looks like it’s a return request for me as well.

I received mine today and i can say im pretty happy. Outside looks good, just a minor scratches. Its the CECHA01 60GB. To test it i play a few games of PS1, PS2 and PS3 and worked great.

Thanks woot

1 Like