Ray-Ban Sunglasses

Ray-Bans! Do you have a pair? How do you like them?

What makes these worth $80 on sale, compared to $20 bucks full retail, target sun glasses?

If these convert sunlight into energy…im in… my coffee addiction will finally subside.

These should be called Luxottica sun glasses :confused:

Interesting piece on 60 Minutes recently about the company that took over the Ray Ban name. A few years ago, you could get them for $20. Now, thanks to rebranding, prices are back up…

Much better in almost every way - the materials, the construction, etc. The cheaper sunglasses have a lot of play in the hinges while the RBs are tight. The cheaper sunglasses just felt cheap, light, and flimsy.

I’ve played around with the cheaper ones hoping to avoid getting the RB aviators but in the end, cheap products are cheap. The question was “Is it $100+ better?”

Good deal, only comment is that retail price for this is only $130 see zappos or rayban.com so it’s only 40+% off… still good deal

Sooo seeing as how I can’t really try these on to see if I like them, judging by Woot’s return policy if I don’t like them am I hosed? It kinda looks like it. I’m not sure I want to spend that much money for something that may not fit my face, look good, etc. Anyone have any experience with this?

>> Ray-Ban RB3390 014/73 65mm Polarized Sunglasses

Are these polarised or not… last time they offered refunds because they were advertised incorrectly as polarised…

Any ideas???

One thing I don’t care for about Ray Bans is the logo in the corner of the lens. Is it easily removable?

It depends on the lense and model. Judging from picture it looks like it’s just a decal. Decals can be taken off with rubbing alcohol. They also etch RB on some of the lenses but it looks like this is not the case. Neither of which impact vision while wearing the glasses and are merely cosmetic (advertising).

The only models that I like are the aviators unfortunately they’re not polarized. You can tell if they’re polarized or not by looking at the logo on the lense, if they’re polarized it will say Ray Ban P, if they’re not it will just say Ray Ban.

If the lenses are polarized it will say Ray Ban P on the decal. If it doesn’t have the P, than they’re just regular tints.

I agree with you that I don’t think they are based on the previous sale but let me check for sure.

Are these glass or plastic lenses? Suppose I could check RB/Luxottica’s site to see if they specify there…

The Woot FAQ covers this pretty well:

**Will I receive customer support like I’m used to?**
Not quite. If you buy something you don’t end up liking or you have what marketing people call “buyer’s remorse,” sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It’s likely you’ll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn’t work, first, find out what you’re doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it’s probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

Would it be possible to put prescription lenses in these?

Same thing at Amazon for a nickel less and free shipping?

so walk into a lens crafters or sunglass hut or your local optician, ant try them on.

not polarized

I had some wonderful Rx Ray-Bans years ago and they were the only Rx sunglasses I ever actually liked, so I’m wondering the same thing. I really want to assume ‘yes’…