Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Ring Video Doorbell Pro

do they get any trial time of the pay service

Does this also include Lifetime Theft Protection: If your Doorbell gets stolen, we’ll replace it for free??

4 Likes

I’d like to know this also

I don’t know about this deal, but when I bought the (used?) Ring Doorbell 2 deal a couple weeks ago mine came with an expired trial subscription .

Does this include all the face plates and the pro kit for existing door bell chimes? I saw a lot of bed reviews on the Ring Doorbell 2 refurbs… but $70 makes me want to roll the dice

Do these units have the 5gHz capability for wifi? some earlier models only had 2.4 gHz.

Power

Requires a 16-24 VAC transformer

Internet Requirements

Requires a minimum upload speed of 1Mbps, but 2 Mbps is recommended for optimal performance

Connectivity

802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @2.4GHz and 5.0GHz

really tempted to get this. I would doubt it comes with any trial service. but the discount makes up for it, just buy the yearly subscription at that point.

Ring makes a very easy to install doorbell, I prefer it by far over Nest.

II. THEFT PROTECTION

If your Ring camera or doorbell product is stolen at any time after your purchase, Ring will replace the stolen device at no charge to you. This theft protection is not transferable and applies only to the original consumer purchaser. Coverage of this theft protection is limited to one (1) replacement only for each Ring camera or doorbell product that you have purchased. Theft protection does not apply to any products purchased from third party sellers on eBay and other online marketplaces.

Does this theft protection still apply with Woot/Amazon? Since Amazon owns Woot and Ring?

2 Likes

The Ring Pro requires hardwiring just like the Nest Hello. It will certainly not be any easier, and will likely be more difficult. The Nest can work with most standard doorbell transformers (16v/10va, which my newish house has), while the Ring Pro requires a 16v/30va or higher. So, if you have a standard doorbell transformer, you’ll need to upgrade that too.

In my research for doorbell cameras, I also found WAY too many complaints of issues with the small battery in the Ring Pro. Ring also seems to try and hide the fact that it has a battery, which is required to keep the doorbell operating, and it’s not a customer replaceable part. Good luck when it inevitibely goes out long before it should.

I personally tried the Ring 2 and the Nest Hello, and went with the Nest Hello. Better video quality, MUCH better speaker, 24/7 recording, and also smaller and nicer looking.

That said, the Ring 2 wasn’t bad, I wouldn’t necessarily steer someone away from it. It just wasn’t the right one for me. However, I would steer someone away from the Ring Pro. Between the high likelihood of battery issues and having to the replace your doorbell transformer, it’s definitely not for the faint of heart.

1 Like

Are you able to return this if determined to not work with my doorbell configuration? Or is this a final sale, no returns type thing?

Hi there.

Here’s our return policy:

https://www.woot.com/faq?ref=w_ft_bs_rp#what-is-woots-return-policy

Do you have a link with more info on this, by any chance? Thanks!

Is this deal sold out? There is no button to click on to add the item to the shopping cart?

You have to login with your Prime Account to buy this product…

Woot%20login%20with%20Prime

I ordered a Ring Pro on 6/16 and it arrived today, 6/17 in a sealed display box with a sticker on the rear that says “Certified Refurbished Video Doorbell Pro” along with its S/N and MAC.

Along with the Pro were the install kit, tools, Pro power adapter, three additional covers and an adapter plate. Everything looks brand new. It does not include the angle mount shims that came with a Pro that I purchased & installed a month ago for a relative.

What’s the warranty on this? Woot website has link that says “1 Year Amazon Renewed Devices Warranty” but when I click on the link it says 90 days…!

[MOD: We had the wrong warranty linked. It’s been corrected now. See my post below.]

I am confused about this battery issue. I’ve had my Ring Doorbell Pro for over a year and a half. I’ve seen NOTHING anywhere else complaining about an internal battery will cause problems for the Ring Pro. I’ve searched the reviews on Amazon - nothing. I’ve searched Google - nothing. Please provide some links - I’m interested but, at this point not overly concerned.

I like my Ring Pro - my only complaint at the beginning was that I had to upgrade my doorbell transformer and that wasn’t a big deal.