Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player

Good God dude, just move on then. Like I tell my kids, if you don’t like what’s on TV, turn the frickin channel.

These players are pretty good. No ipod, but I was never looking for that. I just needed something for running and mowing the law. This works great (I have the 4gb one that came out earlyer this year).

The sound is pretty good, I do wish there was more bass, and a little more volumn (I have to turn it up all the way when mowing the law) its still good enough.

I’m not sure about this version, but on mine there is a place to put “favorites” So thats pretty much the same as book marks?

After I got my clip, I lost the clip (it is detachable) but I ended up loosing it. E-mailed support and they shipped me a new clip for free (I guess one free one per customer).
Over all pretty good. I probably would have wished I got some player that could do video.

this refurbished sh!t sucks! the batteries are krap. do not buy unless you want to have to buy new batteries.

HAHAHAHA V. true. … Now to find an $18 Audi… heehee :slight_smile:

Maybe you are confused? ckrachel was being a schweetheart… it was kevboburge that was being a crabbitypants… :slight_smile:

I’m a little foggy on this “update the firmware” thing. Could someone perhaps explain that in a little more detail?

Why is it necessary?
How do you do it?

TIA

Bought the 4 gig last time they were up-- died within 4 months. Not sure if it’s worth it again…

these are cute, but i dont wanna bother with another sansa. My old 4gb works fine, but i rarely put songs on it.

im not saying that they are all bad, but I know that companies do not simply throw away the whole line because of a couple defects and Im assuming that Sandisk does the same as samsung. its a possible answer to the question “Why does Woot have so many Sansas”

e200(v1) vs. Clip

Size:
e200: big.
Clip: Friggin’ tiny, man!

Winner: Clip

Flip Side: Screen Size:
e200: moderately sized, not so big as the Sansa View or iPod Video, but huge compared to the Clip
Clip: 4 lines of text

Winner: e200

Storage:
e200: 2-8GB (depending on model) plus microSD
Clip: 2-4GB (iirc) (depending on model; these are 2GB) no microSD

Winner: e200 (sorry, Clip, the microSD thing is just too awesome to pass up)

Sound Quality:
e200: Noisy Flash access
Clip: touted as being one of the best DAPs for audio quality, especially with Ogg Vorbis support in the firmware upgrades.

Winner: Clip

Formats
Rockboxed e200: almost anything that isn’t DRM-infected
Clip: the standard Sansa fare plus ogg vorbis

Winner: I think I’m going to call this one a tie, mostly, given that FLAC isn’t going to be quite so helpful if the audio quality of the DAC etc. isn’t as good. If you need AAC (non-DRM) playback, the Rockboxed e200 wins.

----------
On the whole, I’d personally go with a Rockboxed e200. The extra space and microSD(HC with rockbox) expansion is what makes the deal for me. I’m not really an audiophile (I just hang out with them too much online), so I can live with not having the awesome audio quality of the Clip.

On the other hand, given the size and price of this thing, comparing with the c200 series is probably a fairer contest.

I own one of these.

I am worried about the refurbished part. My Clip is a great device, but is plagued by poor battery issues. I have to constantly charge it, and usually only lasts me about 4-6 hours. I realize this is way below what is expected and may just be my device, but do a search for Clip battery issues and you will find other folks who have negative feedback on that aspect.

Otherwise, superb device.

Woot, my first woot!

meh, only 2gb, and no legos = no woot from me yet again.

This has two connect modes, one WMP/Media player mode and a usb flash disk mode. It wouldn’t even connect to my computer in default DRM mode (I banned windows media player), if ppl don’t read the directions then it looks broken and they return it. Some ppl on newegg returned theirs because they couldn’t figure this out… so ‘refurbished’ might just be people that couldn’t read directions.

Anwyay, these sansa clips are freaking awesome. FM tuner/rec, voice record, mp3/ogg. Long battery, pretty easy to use. Cute, small, light. If you don’t want refurbished buy new… you won’t be disappointed.

Cheap enough… I’ve got a great pair of donor Grado headphones that would make a fantastic headphone-dock for this little guy.

on second i might get this so i have something i can take with me when i don’t want to lug around my PSP or Zune.

These little things really are great as a small MP3 player. That is if you don’t get a dud like I did. Got one for my little sister and it was great while it was actually working.

Ok let me make the first useful review post

i have this player, actually i have 2.

i bought one for my gf, we both workout a lot, she has this horrible old 1g samsung mp3 player that she only likes cuz it has a built in metal clip, it does not break, but it’s horrible to connect and transfer songs so i gave up i bought a sansa.

why a sansa? i have an old c240 it acts exactly like a usb drive. WOW DRAG AND DROP, how futuristic is that? guess what very, i bought an ipod for my mom for christmas the interface to transfer music must be the most horribly designed interface in the word(the ipod itself is simplicity redefined but transferring anything is disgusting).

so i thought well all sansa drives must be like this then lets get get one with a built in clip, guess what, they make one, and it’s this model.

omg, no microsd card… yea guess what it’s 2g’s it’s small it’s got a clip, it’s intended for joggiing and working out. how many different versions of rocky can you fit that you would need more than 2gb?

sound quality- guess what i researched it, audiophiles opened it up and found it to be an excellent player, i’m no audiophile so i’ll trust those freaks.

no removable battery, usb charging only-- wow guess what, everything is charged usb now, so what does it matter? do you really need to change the battery? i mean come on, my cell phones battery can be changed, do i have an extra one lying around? no, my old c240 has a battery, do i have an extra one lying around? no. this thing is 20bucks refurb, is it really going to hurt my bottom line if i can’t find an extra battery and just buy a new one when it dies in 5years? no

i saw buy.com have this on sale for 30bucks (new) shipped, so i bought the second one, guess why? cuz in case the clip broke i have a backup, until then now we have matching mp3 players(mines red, oh well who cares thats the only color buy.com was selling)

so to recap.

-great sound(with decent headphones,earphones of course, don’t use the crap that comes with it, especially since it’s refurb , yuck who knows who stuck it up where)
-tiny
-has clip
-decent 2gb of storage
-act’s as a usb drive, DRAG AND DROP FTW (word of caution, i had to goto settings and choose mptc or something in order to get both mp3 players to act as a drive, instead of the auto sensing option, my guess is that the autosensing just sucks, so if your device isn’t recognized as a usb drive, change the usb connection settings in the player and set it manually, takes 2mins)

I don’t know what everyone has against Sansa. I just got my Sansa e260 in the mail I wooted the other day, and I love it. Used it all day at work, came home RockBoxed it, and soon as I figure it all out, think I will love it too.

Sansa makes decent stuff people, If I didn’t just buy one, I’d scoop up this mp3 player in a second.

Can someone give me their thoughts on this Rockbox firmware? I’m reading about it right now and I want to hear what people with experience with it think about using it. I’m considering getting an old iPod nano or something just to use it, especially when a good deal for one shows up her at Woot.

So what’s the big deal about it? What do you like/dislike about it? I’m a hardcore audiophile, so how would this benefit my strict tastes in quality? Anything you can give me would be appreciated. Gracias.

What are you talking about? The best way to charge a sansa (mine is e250) is to plug it in the wall and leave the computer off. Or use an adapter for your car, mine has a usb plug. I also have a usb adapter to plug into my ac outlet. So convenient. Get another sansa cable or eqiv and spread out. I never need to turn my on, it goes on automatically - I turn it back off and keep it charging. Get the sansa alarm clock - I think that works swell too - so what if it isn’t so mod looking! By the way my Sansa is a refurb, it wasn’t stamped, thanks, and I use it always with no troubles. I don’t swing it around by the cords either though. Wish everyone would read a manual sometime. If it were any smaller, I’d be afraid to lose it. And yes my only negative, is it could play a little louder, but maybe I will have better hearing longer than most. And I get in good enough moods with my sansa baby playing just as it is - espec for the $$$. And lastly, If you get into trouble and something locks it up, hold down the power button for a long time and it resets - no need to remove the battery. Any thing else anyone?! Good nite!