Schwinn & Mongoose Bikes

What’s the size of the frame of the 700cc Schwinn road bike?

awww you beat me to it… was going to ask the exact same question.

edit: based on previous sales, woot does not monitor or respond to frame size questions. it is both surprising and unsurprising that woot doesn’t provide this critical information.

…or the frame size of any of these bikes for that matter. Assuming the 26" on the mountain bikes is the tire size and not the frame size, because, you know, I’m not 7’5" with 50" legs: Mountain Bike Saddle Height Calculator - eBicycles

may i know the frame size please!!
i am looking for 21’-22’ frame size

Severely missing are simple specs like, ummmm, “weight”?

For the average person, weight is a very critical factor. Even a few pounds difference make biking a chore. And what adds weight? Suspension systems.

Unless you are 14 years-old (or 25 years-old, act 14 and are too cheap to buy a real bike) and thrashing into trees and rocks, avoid bikes with suspension. It adds almost nothing for adult city use…except evil weight.

For average urban use, buy one of the non-suspension bikes, and purchase a ‘gel seat cover’.

Further - ever think about fenders? You will the first time you ride through a puddle and get urban goo sprayed up your back a la Pepe LaPew.

Finally - Et tu, shopper - what price bike rack? Having an urban bike with no means of carrying anything is not good. Buy some small bungee straps to complete this. A front basket is ideal.

Don’t forget a light kit.

One Men’s bike listed here satifies the criteria discussed (although there’s no weight listed):

Mongoose XCOM

Now, the Mongoose is my best choice, however… the drive gear looks small, and I’m not sure how they get 7 speeds unless it’s 7 gears on the rear hub. If that’s the case, this won’t really give you the speed you’d like in an urban environment.

Final Answer? Meh. Keep looking.

Hear me now; thank me later.

Good point !

Assembly required?

I bought my wife a 24-Inch Schwinn Sanctuary Girls Bike for Christmas and I was very disappointed with the build quality. The fork was badly bent, but customer service acted quickly in getting me a new one. Paint was dinged up in a few places as well. These are not the Schwinns we remember from the seventies.

I went to Schwinn.com to get more details on the Miramar comfort bike. It has a steel frame, one size - not specified though, just says female. The data on Woot is same eveyone has. Miramar is a 2011 model, the mens version had 4 stars, the womens version had no ratings. Sears has it on sale through Wayfair.com for $216.89. This might be what I saw at Walmart last year for about same $.
For other bikes go to Schwinn and look them up. Might get better info though i doubt schwinn makes any bike in more then one generic size out of anything but steel.
Hint: steel bikes are very heavy

Be aware, 700cc bikes, even the small or xtra small frames, are not short ppl friendly. I am 5’3 and can not use the 700cc bike. Cannot put feet flat on ground, can if using womens bike but it is a long way back up to the seat :). See my comment below ref to the Miramar.

That, apparently, is because even Schwinn does not list frame size. :(.

Schwinn does not list the Ridge AL mountain bike for women. Found one on Amazone showing 16" aluminum frame, woot price beats the one on amazon

As a few people have mentioned, Woot just does not 1) list frame sizes or 2) respond to any inquiries about them. Given that you can never return items to Woot unless they’re defective, buying a bike that you don’t even know the size of, then being stuck with it if it doesn’t fit, is a very bad idea. So don’t buy anything from this sale.

@gt5772b: Yes, 26" is the tire size. I’d love to know the frame size too, but don’t hold your breath.

@melonmanhart: Yes, assembly required. That’s a good point, in fact–unless you know what you’re doing, you’ll want to have this assembled by pros at a bike shop, so factor in another c.$50 for that.

Merckx won the Tour de
France on a steel bike. Just sayin’.

Gillisr
RAAM '85

The Schwinn southport cruiser is listed with 3.5 stars at Meijer weighing almost 45 lbs.

http://www.meijer.com/s/26-inch-schwinn-southport-mens-cruiser-bike/_/R-145422

26" Men’s cruiser bike
Durable steel frame and fork
Cruiser-style handlebars and stem
Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur, SRAM grip shift
26" Wheels
Front and rear alloy linear pull brakes
Padded saddle for comfort
Steel 1-piece crank
Rustproof 36-hole alloy rims
Weight: 44.8 lbs

A good review on the Pacific Southshore from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3UJ41XJZBBMOO/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3UJ41XJZBBMOO

Good bike for the money, February 27, 2009
By SP82
Amazon Verified Purchase(What’s this?)
This review is from: Pacific Shorewood Men’s Cruiser Bike (26-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
First, here are some stats:
The bike weighs 37 pounds
The seatpost height is 25 inches
The maximum (safe) pedal to seat height is 31.5 inches (which means if your inseam is 33" or taller, don’t get this bike)

First things first–you SHOULD/NEED to get this bike professionally tuned/built when it arrives if you have NO experience working on bikes […]. I have worked in a bike shop for many years, so I know my way around a bike, and if you want this bike to work like a bike should, you need someone who knows what they’re doing to tune/build it. (If you’re wondering why I didn’t get a bike at my old shop, it’s because I moved across the country–don’t work in a shop anymore).

Anyway, I have plenty of high-dollar bikes hanging in my garage, but I needed an upright ride because my back is going out on me. If you can tune/build/true your own bike or have a buddy who will do it for you, this is a great deal. Otherwise, you’ll probably be better off going to your local bike shop and buying a bottom of the line brand name cruiser that has been properly built.

This bike was double-boxed and in pretty decent shape when it arrived with FedEx. There was a large paint gouge on the rear down-tube, but only superficial. The brake/derailleur cables were frayed because they didn’t put cable fairings on the end. The wheels were rideable but out-of-true, and if you don’t get them trued you will incur permanent damage and end up paying a whole lot more for new wheels.

All the bolts were there, except one for the rear fender (I just used a zip tie to secure it). It does not have holes in the downtubes to attach a rear rack, so you’ll have to gerry-rig it. If I keep this bike, I’ll throw a new rear derailleur on, but the one it came with will get you where you need to go. In my opinion this a great bike for the money. If you have a bike mechanic friend, buy him a six pack and you’re set. If you are on your own, I’d suggest getting a cheap but well-put together bike at your local bike shop (NOT Target or Walmart–they don’t have mechanics putting their bikes together).

My one BIG complaint about this bike is the size. I’m 6’1", and I figured it would be semi-small since it’s one-size-fits-all, but it’s actually quite a petite bike. I’m stretching the seat-tube past the recommended limit until I can buy a longer one. You don’t want to pay […] for knee surgery to save […] on a bike, so if you’re 5’11" or taller, find something cheap that comes in a large size.

Like I said, having worked in a shop, the frame and the parts are more or less on par with a low-end brand name cruiser bike, it’s the labor that makes the price difference.

Mongoose 26" Pro Wing Mountain Bike: QUESTION - what is the frame size? I assume the 26" is refering to the tire size…or Mongoose has apparently started making bikes for giants. thanks.

Here’s what we have from the vendor on sizing:

Road or racing bikes are streamlined and designed for speed and distance with light frames, drop handlebars, and narrow, high-pressure tires. The speed, distance, and efficiency of road bikes come with a price, though–road bikes aren’t meant to withstand rocky trails or dirt and are not as rugged or durable as mountain bikes. If you’re a serious rider, want to fast across travel long distances, and want to use cycling as a form of exercise, you’ll want a road bike.

Sizing tips: Measure your inseam. Find your height and inseam in our chart. If you are in between sizes, size down for a more comfortable ride.