Should Woot! really add a search bar?

Should Woot! really add a search bar?

8 Likes

Search for the demand (to see if it exists).

:w_tongue:

9 Likes

happy-pretty-please

27 Likes

Please please please add!!! I have sent countless mails requesting this feature as with any app in this generation, along with that give us a way to favorite things or wishlist so we can easily look our fav things. I use the cart for that but it’s too disruptive as I need to clear when I need to buy something from cart. Pls read all my mails with more such feedback!

8 Likes

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by FILMRISE

19 Likes

Yes. There have been things I would have purchased, but I couldn’t go back and find them.

After all, why would a company make it more difficult to shop there?

24 Likes

Search bar would be cool, but a search bear would be better.

20 Likes

Like how by Amazon, if you use different sort orders, you’ll get more or less products than without using a sort method? :wink:

11 Likes

No Way GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

A monkey or chimpanzee would be more practical.

5 Likes

Part of situation is how do you know what to search for. The mystery of Woot has users either just watching main deals or scrolling for days. When I am in the market, I do use stalker websites and even Google (Google typically finds dead deals) to see if Woot has a deal. In the end, a search bar would have a use for me for strategic purchases. However it does defy the spontaneity of Woot
jim carrey GIF

10 Likes

They should add a salad bar with everything. Even baby corn and that weird cubed Jell-O. Searching is hungry work.

6 Likes

If looking up merchadise in a catalog of 1000 items do you want an index?
If you missed a sale and what to see if item is back, do you want to find it?
Is the power of ecommerce about searches to match customer with items?

Without any doubt, yes, yes, YES! [please?]

Has Woot missed sales growth without one? They can’t tell.

7 Likes

Or like how search results only sometimes match up with the search terms?

4 Likes

Yes, but if you search for a BOC it sends them someplace ridiculous.

8 Likes

One adds or subtracts key words to narrow a search. Use unique descriptor words as well to narrow the search to e.g., under 20 items on Amazon.

I do such narrowing of search multiple times a week for health information data mining and predictive analytics e.g., to determine what level containment to recommend for the coming 2 to 4 weeks due to COVID.

1 Like

I mean… we’ve only been telling you this FOR YEARS!

But… please, for the love of God, please do NOT use the same search algorithm as the motherboard. If I search for “xyz”… I don’t want to see “abc”, “123” or “alphabet soup.” I want to see results for “xyz” ONLY.

If you do searches like your mama, then, no… don’t even bother!

12 Likes

That doesn’t work. I buy parts every day. Try searching for, let’s say “c1q-w20 zama carburetor”. I can’t be any more specif than that. Hell, the FIRST fvcking result is some other product! When I search for a specific part number, then THAT is what I want. Not something that MIGHT be similar in some way.

8 Likes

If you use the correct delimiter e.g., Latest post, you narrow it well. Example - even your post entered minutes ago is already serachable and pops up as most recent regarding “BOC” - includes which thread location and first lines:

So Woot already has the tools. They just are not using it well.

3 Likes

Please add a way to mark favorites, save for later, or way to buy now, so we don’t have to clear cart when wanting to purchase one item while still thinking about the other items

9 Likes