Singer Futura Quintet Sewing Machine

Haven’t seen an answer. Is there any modification or add’l software that will let me use this with my Mac???

Will the Laura Ashley® Limited Edition PC660LA work with an Apple computer OS X 10.9.4?

Everything I’m seeing shows the software is Windows only, including the software updates page on the Futura-support site.

People on Amazon says it works if you install a Windows partition with Apple Bootcamp.

You might call Futura customer support and ask them for more info.

While it looks nice and all, and the price is pretty good for an embroidery machine, a 3.8/5 makes me wary. Embroidery machines are a pain to have serviced, and in the reviews, people are mentioning tension problems with the Futura line. Perhaps I’ll just hold out for a Bernina at full price that I won’t have to get serviced all the time.

I have this exact model, except as a Husqvarna. This is a Husqvarna H-Class 600E. Excellent embroidery/sewing machine!

I have this machine and it is a beast! At $600 it’s a steal - I paid $999 when it was on sale at HSN not too long ago.

I have the Futura Quartet. Found all my tension problems with that machine went away as soon as I started using bobbin - specific thread. This Quintet machine looks awesome.

is this for real it says new but I was reading reviews about woot and am wary… I am new to woot… if I buy will this really be a new working machine.

Yes, this is a for real NEW Singer Futura.

since your staff… just double checking here… a new non refurbished or non reconditioned new unopened… sewing embroidery machine… thanks for response

DOES IT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER???

As others have said, this is most definitely a “woot”, even if you’re in a huff that it isn’t another SanDisk player for your collection.

This is an amazing price on an embroidery machine. If it were closer to Christmas, I’d ask my husband and mother to go together with me on this.

New means NEW. Never used. Just like you’d buy at a box store.

PLEASE? does anyone know if it has an automatic needle threader?
want to buy this but if i doesn’t then i wont :frowning:

The manual is linked at the bottom of the features. It has a section on page 18:

USING AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER

FYI: The manual is confusing because it mixes 3 languages so it’s kinda hard to scan.

Can you create and embroider your own designs and images or is it only pre-made designs? What about photos, logos, or text?

I was ready to buy the XL580 for $1199 on sale at Joann Fabric. This is half the price and just about the same machine. Only difference that is major is that you don’t need the computer - but for me, that’s a disadvantage. I love using the computer because of the large screen and I can control the stitch out better. I am absolutely shocked at this price! I also have the xl400 and xl550 and pleased with the machines.

Embrilliance Software is Mac specific Embroidery Digitizing Software, it would be an additional purchase, but it is getting good reviews.

I already have 4 Embroidery Machines…yet this is a tempting deal!!

This is a CNC machine that uses needle and thread. Stitchgeeks love it.