Walker Edison Folding Adirondack Chair

Walker Edison Folding Adirondack Chair

Calling out to my fellow Wooters: what two colors would you buy to make a set of 4 - I kind of like the blue, but not sure if I should have all blue or blue and X

1 Like

The blue are my favorite but I like the white ones too.

3 Likes

Do you think all blue or 2 of each (asking as a person who just had their 1st offer on their first house accepted and is :grin:)

5 Likes

Congrats!

I would do two of each and mix it up.

2 Likes

Don’t sit down too quickly on these. I’m a buck 80 and cracked one of the boards in the seat area the first summer I had the chair. Still use them, but are imperfect.

4 Likes

@pepper114 blue and white?? Is that too USA lol

1 Like

@pepper114 thank you, so excited home inspection on Tuesday but they don’t want to close until the end of May :weary:

1 Like

The time will fly! You’ll be in your new house for summer.

Blue and white reminds me of the beach. I love those big blue and white stripped umbrellas.

1 Like

To be honest, it would really depend on the color and style of the house.
I’m going Dark Brown and Grey, but I live in a Brick Dutch Colonial.

1 Like

I like light/dark brown combo, or dark brown & blue (but note they would be different styles and slightly different measurements).

1 Like

Plenty of photos but not 1 of them folded up. Shame, I’d like to see how they store.

Never mind, I just missed it.

2 Likes

Same here! We also had the arm break off where it connects to the seatback on another one (teenage son not being careful).
AND…we got 3 blue and 2 gray to place around our fireplace we built last summer. The paint started to fade almost immediately on all 5. We will have to reapply sometime this summer.
Besides those problems, they’re great! They are comfy and they do fold nicely for storage over the winter.

2 Likes

I wonder if assembly is required…

1 Like

Just two safety pins. See the linked manuals in the features. :smiley:

2 Likes

My brain hurts trying to decide

2 Likes

another time I wood have baulked at the price, but with the price of even just plywood right now, this is a great deal.

4 Likes

Seems like a good deal. I paid about $100 for an unfinished Adirondack chair a few years ago. and probably spend the difference on primer and paint. May just want to coat them in Polyurtherene for added protection, especially in a place like Southern Texas.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Wooter825352529! That’s so exciting!

My vote’s for 2 blue and 2 white; it’s a classic color combo, plus you’ll have flexibility in matching accessories (e.g., pillows), and both colors have wine cup holders.

Hardly! I have a lot of different mental associations with blue and white, such as:

1. Nautical
  2. Beach
  3. French
  4. Elegance; wealth
  5. Sharp and smart uniforms

Pair yellow pillows (with blue and white tie-ins) to the chairs, and you’ll instantly break away from “too USA.”

But is “too USA” really so bad? (Queue “I’m Proud to Be an American” in background.) :partying_face: :us:

2 Likes

@emeister great color combo references

Nothing wrong with Team USA - I just like to be different and not too “themey” if that makes sense

Earlier today I bought 2 blue and 2 grey. I really debated the brown(s) too, but the house is Cedar and I like “more color” (said in a Tim the Toolman voice)

I even debated getting each dog their own chair so we could sit in a row on the front hill of the house and judge the neighbors as they went by

Wait - now I just came up with andirondeck stadium theater seating for outdoor movie nights - hmmmm

2 Likes