Wellington Vineyards Mixed Case (12)

See, begging works!

I feel lucky - I carted the last offering and forgot to push through to the actual purchase. Mistake rectified, real shame is that I can only take 1. Peter, you’re probably the only winemaker I’d buy a case of mixed whites from (hint hint). Thanks for getting some Duke in here for us!

I have the same concern. Really tempted to order this but Houston is into serious >90° temps and >90% humidity.

If woot doesn’t get with it on shipping wine faster I will not buy anything anymore. Peter said last week he ships out in 3, 4 days. I am still waiting on last McClean order weeks ago and it is starting to get hot hot hot in FL. I missed out last Sunday on this and want to pull trigger on a few of these
What say you Woot

If someone in SW Ohio wants to split this, send me a message. Cheers!

Having ordered an embarrassing amount of wine from peter I can assure you that he does ship quick if that helps. I ordered this case last week and it already shipped. Shipping is totally dependent on the winery and Wellington is always fast.

Thanks and don’t be embarrassed! I should be embarrassed from buying all the stuff I have that wasn’t wine. Thank God for the new cart system that keeps my need for crap I don’t need in check. I will order this and hope Peter comes back and comments. I am a little confused as I thought the Winery doesn’t ship direct and that Woot does?

Agreed… Peter’s stuff has always come fast… oddly enough, I’m in the exact opposite boat right now… I’d rather wait a few more weeks once I know summer shipping would be in effect… low 90’s everyday just seems a tad high for un-refrigerated shipments imho… since I won’t be drinking these for a while, it will be hard to tell if any of them got cooked.

Love the juice, love the mix, great deal and price… just a matter of shipping keeping me on the fence right now (same thing as last Sunday)… maybe I’m overreacting though and should just buy… :wink:

To those fretting about shipping, just think…

Do you ~really~ think PW, WD and WCC want to take the financial hit of replacing all those bottles that may get cooked? Really? How would that business model work, long term? Correct, it wouldn’t. But have you ever not had a defective or cooked bottle not get replaced when you let them know about it? Nope! Every time. If these need to go in styro, or endure a pause for cooler temps, they will.

So quit using shipping as a lame excuse not to purchase, sheeze.

Summer shipping? That’s a joke unless its in Styrofoam with ice bag shipped fast. Lost a case of Ty last year probably from sitting around in hot environment. Woot made good though

+1
Best reply ever!
In for one because, darn it I am going to finish this plate! I have to go out and play.

Yes that business model does work as previous post said not everyone pops the cork as soon as they get it. Never got anything in styro, what exactly is summer ship? order steaks on line, that’s summer ship. Obviously you must live in a milder climate. I will get off the “pot” and order some

Score! Missed out on this last time, and was bummed, definitely in for one this time around!

Though, I accidentally sent it to the wrong address. Emailed support, hopefully they get things changed before it actually gets shipped out.

I bought the Wellington White combo a few months back and it was fantastic. The Chardonnay is among my favorite Chards I’ve tasted. Very smooth, not buttery, and as people have mentioned, was even better on day 2 and 3. Excited to get in on this case. Considering I live on “Wellington Drive”, it’s only fitting :wink:

Aaaaactually, woot does indeed take care of the shipping. They can’t pack & ship it until they have it, so I try to get it to them sooner than later.

I’m here for comments. Don’t be confused - w00t does the packing & shipping (once the winery gets the wine to them).

Woot FAQ

Record heat here last Monday, 108; not mild. My WW shipments go directly to the local FedEx store, they have great A/C. No worries about having to be home or cooking in a truck. The deliveries average around 10:00, nice and early.

Really bored, or want all the dirt on shipping? We have a (now) seven page thread on exactly this topic.

Peter,
can you comment on drinking windows on these, and perhaps compare to earlier vintages?
I got a case last time before the sell-out, but am considering a second case.

Really like everything I’ve gotten from Wellington I hit the ‘I Want One’ button got to the checkout screen and saw almost an extra $/bottle for the crappy state of Ct.
You see a few months back our extortionist governor made a deal with amazon, “we’ll let you put up a facility in the tax-you-to-death state, and give you some breaks, so long as you start collecting sales and use tax on all your transactions to Ct.”
Now you know why CT is still white on the sales stats.
Shady deals all around, goodbye amazon, goodbye woot, it was fun while it lasted. (When a state takes roughly 15% of our income in taxes and required fees it’s soon to be goodbye CT)
Sorry Mr. Wellington, hopefully some other time.

In particular, I’d like advise on the cabs. Since between this and the three-bottle offering that surfaced during a Wootoff I’ve got fifteen bottles of Wellington en route, seven of them cab (three 2007 and four 2008), a users manual on those would be appreciated. :slight_smile: