or
3 2007 Merlot, Sonoma Valley
and
3 2008 Syrah, England Crest, Sonoma Valley
3 2008 Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley
3 2008 Zinfandel, Meeks Hilltop Ranch, Sonoma Valley
CT links above

Winery website

You will either get 3 bottles of the 2009 Merlot, or 3 bottles of the 2007 Merlot. The choice will be made by the winery.

This is the case you want.

Would have been a great Christmas present for Dad…if I could ship to Minnesota. :frowning:

Best price on Wellington wines ever on woot!

Got nothing but positives to say on their cabs. If I weren’t on a buying freeze, I’d be all over these…

Solid bottles all, these *are *the bottles you’re looking for, and for less than I paid in June.
All in the cellar already, or I’d be in for two like last time.
Peter and WD, you’re rocking it this time.

Very tempting. But can’t really afford it. Maybe a nice three way split on this.

Here’s some notes from my CT account
07’ merlot Sonoma valley
10/7/2012
This is a great food wine. It has some nice rounded red fruit with some plum notes. Mildly tannic and full bodied. It will not overpower red meats but will compliment them. Not as soft as a typical merlot but not as aggressive as a good young cab. Highly recommended.

08’ Zinfandel Meeks hilltop ranch
9/19/2013
A really nice medium bodied zin. Fruit forward and a bit jammy but not sweet. It’s 5 years old but showing really nicely at this point. Really nice wine Peter.

Just bought a case… might buy another but I will need to sleep on it.

I just opened a bottle of the 2007 Merlot earlier this month. It was exceptional!!! My notes from CellarTracker:

"Dark berry on the noise, with some cigar notes, and some smooth leather. Nose is awesome and complex.

Mouthfeel is balanced with a great black currant flavor, with more dark berries. Again, great balance and a long finish. This reminds me of the 1996 GunBun Merlot that got me into wine. Super yum."

I would take the Meeks off your hands if that would help.

I think I already have a home for the 8 bottles I’m not buying.

Anyone catch what the sticker on the Syrah says? I was guessing its a disclaimer that the wine is not from table grapes from England. :wink:

Want it. No room for it. Spent too much $ on wine already. And here I was waiting for a Wellington case. Maybe I can convince work to get this for happy hour supply!

From the “About Us” page on Wellington’s website:

“We use a blend of organic and traditional farming practices that promote healthy vines and a healthy environment.”

Is traditional the same as conventional? Meaning the use of pesticides, herbicides, etc. When I think traditional I think old, before artificial biocides were created.

This would cost me 157.86. Pretty good, considering. I bought a mixed case in early 2011 for 144.99 shipped. Now that was a deal! :slight_smile:

Still trying to clear a path through the guest room / library / wine storage room, but I can always make room for more Wellington. That said, keeping my fingers crossed for the 2007 Merlot!

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Best present to myself if only could be shipped to Virginia-I’m so bummed about this shipping thing.

Woot
What has changed. I live in Maine, and have bought the wellington wines before. This time it has said no.It has happened a few time with other vendors recently.
Maine changed the rules a few years ago , and I don’t believe they changed again.