WEN 56225i 2250-Watt Inverter Generator

WEN 56225i 2250-Watt Inverter Generator

2 Likes

Warranty CLAIMS that you can still go through the manufacturer, of course.
CLAIMS? Well that’s comforting. Why don’t you just send me one. I CLAIM that I’ll send you the cash later. Who wrote your Orange Box copy? That should help to increase sales.
Oh yeah. Then there is this bigger brother:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085828BQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_FW2R6Y99PVT61915J1GG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I love Woot but sometimes…

2 Likes

Ummm, is English not your 1st language?

You might want to reread that more slowly and not add extra words. It doesn’t say that the warranty, claims (verb meaning “to assert”) you can still go through manufacturer if you have a problem. It says that “warranty claims” (noun meaning “a demand”), will still go through the manufacturer (and not Woot).

19 Likes

These are great little generators. Comparable in sound level to a Honda at 1/3 the price. One of them can run two residential fridges and some lights/TV/Cable modem. Keep clean fuel and oil in em and they’ll treat you right as a backup generator. Best part is they sip fuel, you can run for days on just a few gallons. Going on 3 years and other than having to clean a carb from bad gas I"ve had no issues.

8 Likes

The 56235i is the better of the two you need the extra power for start up . powers up my 12 inch chop saw and friends 13k AC unit on his rv ,it’s also a better deal if you buy from WEN ,same price and a better inverter and more power sorry woot not a killer deal …

4 Likes

I’ve thought the same thing. Why is the model you linked to so much cheaper than others when it has better specs? Lighter, quieter and makes more watts.

I’m not sure, but I can say I’ve had the little brother to woots offering (2k, 1.6k watts) and it’s been going strong for years. One small advantage this has over the linked one is that wens parallel kit mounts directly onto the generator. Not a biggie, but it is convenient for those hooking up two units.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the compatibility for the “Parallel Connect” option? Can I connect this to a Honda or HarborFreight Predator inverter generator?

1 Like

Sorry Woot, but I have been looking for an inverter/generator like this for a while now and just couldn’t say no to the 56235i directly from WEN. Slightly better specs at a slightly lower price (better even than the Mother Ship). I did spend a few $ on a magnetic oil plug that was recommended. Here’s the link for that:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07643J11X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For anyone interested, the unit directly from WEN linked in the post above shipped for free with no tax.

Fear not, Woot! I check in with you everyday and have been buying from you for many years - today was just not your day.

5 Likes

When I was kicking tires Wen told me the 35i was the newer model ,my friend was surprised this guy would start up the AC unit I also had tried an Ipower gen 2200 and it would not run my big chop saw ,that and the AC were the big test and factor to keep it … also the rep said you can’t have enough power ,thus start up power is most important for running anything that pulls a big load . Also an hour meter from eBay is great and change the oil during break in,I did mine twice during the first two hours

1 Like

Thanks for that info and personal experience. Yep, according to the comparison link below, the “235” model is better than the “225” model in almost every way - more power, quieter, lighter… but very slightly more fuel hungry for that added power. It appears the 225 model does have a fuel gauge whilst the 235 does not. For the very same $420 price, shipped free, direct from the manufacturer.

3 Likes

Yes, you can. The inverter on 2d generator doesn’t care what brand name/label is on 1st generator.

You can even parallel difference capacity inverter generators. Plenty of commentary on web, and
youtubes, with people doing it.

BTW, the Harbor Freight parallel kit is likely still the best value, out there (it used to be $49, but it’s gone
up a bit–the “we know what we got” effect :wink:), it adds two circuit breakers that the WEN lacked/lacks.

1 Like

the cherry on top is that if you order from Wen directly and live outside of their state IL, you won’t have to pay sales tax!! (but YMMV) a savings of over $35!! however on their website the 56235i is going for $429.99. further note that it took 5 days for me to get mine, while amazon is like 2 days.
one last thing, the noise comparison to a honda generator is not apples to apples. i’ll give it that on idle, its quite as a honda… but when you put a load on it, it’s nothing as quite as a honda generator!

2 Likes

I’ve realized that this is quite common but Im sure there are so many that doubt even realize. I’m referring to actually looking item up and finding out that your not getting as great of deal as might of thought at first that in fact the manufacturer either like this is better deal or that’s what product is going for off but cheaper other places. Always good to check around. Don’t get me wrong I get allot of good deals here too but …lol WOOT WOOT

2 Likes

OK, I’m not a grammar ■■■■, but please proof read. That post was really difficult to understand.

2 Likes

Really? We can’t use the word that refers to the 3rd Reich?

1 Like