Winix C545 4 Stage Wifi Air Purifier

Winix C545 4 Stage Wifi Air Purifier

I bought the C550 version in mid April and I’m sending it back to Amazon - why? Because it didn’t help one iota.

Here’s the rundown; one of my pets developed health issues that could be related to airborne allergens. I replaced my furnace filter with a merv 13 and I borrowed a Lenox indoor air quality tester from a company I work for. The indoor sensor said I had a high particulate count and the recommendation was to replace the furnace filter, and clean the HVAC system. I did those things and ram another test - same results so I went out and bought the c550 from Amazon. I ran that sucker for an entire week and retested - same results. High particulate matter in the air. So I cleaned the tester, cleaned the winix device and moved both to a smaller room - in the new room I ran the tester with the air purifier on and with it off - same results. Aside from trapping dog hair and a little bit of dust, it wasn’t doing much. My much smaller levoit air cleaners seem to do a much better job than this guy.

Your result might vary.

2 Likes

I highly suggest trying the 3M 1900 filters (merv 13) as they have the lowest possible static pressure compared to their filtering capabilities. Been using them myself for a while and they really brought the particle count in my house way down compared to prior to using them.

1 Like

FYI the filters for this air purifier are more expensive and not as easy to find (from third party sellers) as filters for other Winix products.

1 Like

I’m impressed by the functional critiques, and reassured nobody is commenting how the front cabinet’s ingenious “fizzy bubbles” hole pattern makes it an “artistic expression” too…

That is some good info! I have a large number of 3m 1550 merv 12 filters (which is what I was using prior to the move to merv 13); but I will look for the one you specifically suggested.

I couldn’t find a 3m filter you recommended in my size (16x25x4) at the local home improvement stores. I’ll have to check around online.

Lowes online typically has the best prices on them since they offer 25% off if you order 5 or more.

The unit arrived with faulty Wifi connection.

1 Like

Drat. I’m sorry. Reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Arrived DOA “two lights blinking” which according to manufacturer means some sort of fault on the board.
Read reviews for this unit carefully, the WiFi is working on very few of these. I would not buy this again.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry. Make sure to reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.