3/29 Woot-Off Issues and Updates

I’ve had three boxes of crap in my cart, and I have yet to have been able to proceed to check out. This is really getting bad…

36 Likes

So we have been doing major updates to the woot-off since January. We’re dealing with legacy code that’s about a decade old with no documentation…

Every time we fix one thing, it uncovers a bottle neck in the next step in the process.

Right now we’re dealing with a database system that’s not happy about processing 20K+ orders in 60 seconds.

We’re gonna keep fixing it but it’s gonna take time.

41 Likes

On the plus side, I haven’t seen the Vestibule once…

28 Likes

20 Likes

Same

4 Likes

No vop but no n. Of .c to the ck out!

4 Likes

UPDATE

We will run a few more BOCs during the woot-off but not quite as many as originally planned. These will be painful and slow as the ones earlier today.

We will be moving some of the BOCs to other events this week. If you don’t already have the app installed and notifications turn on, you might want to think about doing so.

Thanks for your patience.

54 Likes

Hey, if I worked hard to write it, the next guy can work hard to read it. :crazy_face:

12 Likes

We respectfully request you crap on us more often please :smiley:

14 Likes

Has Woot considered contacting their local shaman and/or witch doctor to see if they can excise the legacy demons from their system? Just saying, couldn’t hurt…

Loretta Devine Horror Movie GIF by Paramount Movies

15 Likes

Can you set me up with a bag of tank tops TT? I also had my crystals in the cart with no success, but a Bag of TTs would make me feel better!

2 Likes

#BTDT

504 Gateway Time-out

14 Likes

The new VOP

13 Likes

I SAID THERE WOULD BE NO IMPROVEMENT TODAY!

14 Likes

It’s like a new twist on an old game… …or an old twist on a new game?

6 Likes

That was a statement of truth, not a complaint. As far as you know.

7 Likes

Just bunch of 504 Gateway Time-out. :frowning:

7 Likes

Gotten the gateway timeout twice . another time it wants my password and then doesn’t accept it and logs me out. My app has been messed up for a few days.
My posts on the dice game messed up yesterday. Said it was to similar but then would post my original comment after i tried posting a new comment. Either way i still love the app and games. Can’t washout till they work

7 Likes