Aduro 6000mAh Dual USB Solar Backup Battery

Aduro 6000mAh Dual USB Solar Backup Battery

Anybody ever notice that none of thes ever reveal anything about their solar charging rates? I haven’t found one yet that auto-discharge and leakage overnight through the panel doesn’t overwhelm the pittance of charge they get spending all day in direct sunlight.

1 Like

That’s because depending on the light source/strength batteries will charge at different rates and adverting they don’t want to deal with complaints when it charges to slowly.

The other reason is because solar panels this small would charge much slower than your phone would use the charge. Probably a day in the sun would generate enough change for your phone for an hour. Good for an emergency but not day to day

1 Like

I recently purchased 2 of these chargers. 1 was DOA out of the box. They were no longer available so Woot refunded the purchase price and said I could use the defective one as a paperweight if I wanted.

Instructions do not come with the charger nor are they available on the manufacturers website. Just an FYI.

3 Likes

Bought two of these back in July. Both were very useful when we lost power after Hurricane Sally. Fully charging my phone from 10% → 100% used only a quarter of the stored power so we didn’t have an issue keeping our phones on.

Updated 10/07/2020: I ordered another one because a friend wanted one too. Ordered a turquoise but apparently Woot thought I really meant pink despite what I had on my order. Still works just as well. Just not the color I ordered for my friend. shrugs

20201007_082821|375x500

Updated 10/29/2020 So, we got hit by another hurricane and our power went out. Again, we had these fully solar charged and we were able to keep our phones powered throughout the evening/night. Husband got activated to respond for the storm first thing in the morning and, since we still had phone power, he was able to get his messages and go to work despite us not having power at our house since 6pm the previous night.

Guess this means we lucked out with the chargers. Now if hurricanes would stop showing up.

2 Likes

In what world was this originally $80?

List Price (MSRP) isn’t a real world price. It’s the manufacturer’s dream price.

1 Like

I bought this and it worked when I received it but since then it has not turned on. Now I read the reviews. Seems like a pretty bad product and not worth the $14.99 I spent on it. It seems like more and more of the products I buy on Woot are duds. This has really just started happening in the last 6 months. I don’t think I will shop here anymore for anything other than the shirts.

Hi there. Sorry for the problem. Have you given it a good deep 24 hour charge before using it. Batteries are often shipped completely drained.

If no luck, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I agree. Woot! Is going to have to start convincing me that these are even deals. I can buy the same crap in perfect boxes for the same price, and even cheaper in some cases. Gimme some deals or I’m gonna woot out!

I purchased one of these over the summer. It only works as a battery bank, the solar function didn’t seemingly do anything at all, so it didn’t help for the use case I’d planned.

I tried leaving it in direct sun for a full day from a low SoC, but it didn’t charge at all. It would take a charge from an outlet, but that’s not the point of this device.

I would recommend not purchasing this.

Woot kindly refunded the purchase price, but I would recommend saving yourself the hassle.

I bought two of these. They never were able to be charged from sunlight or even plugging into the wall. Garbage

Don’t work. Not worth purchasing. I bought two that could not be charged by the sun or from an outlet! Garbage.

I’m sorry for the problem. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

OK folks. Bought 1 and followed the directions about charging it. Has worked as advertised since.

Good luck…all of the online reviews say these things last a few weeks to a few months. My thought was to buy one and clip it to “go bag” but reliability is a MUST and I am not going to check on it every few weeks to be sure it works.

That’s one way to look at it, but they could give a standard specification. mA at the battery input voltage at STP with some standard amount of illumination. They don’t give any information because the number is so small that leaving it face-up outside all day every day would not be enough even to keep up with the self-discharge of the cells. The solar part of the battery is just a decoration that can fail and ruin the function of the unit.

That size is usually about a 1.5 watt solar panel, when used in direct sunlight, from about 10AM to 2PM, at sea level. The actual collection rate will be higher at higher altitudes and lower on overcast days or further from noon.

So for a 6000mAh battery, figure about 20 hours or 3 full days for a full charge.

Definitely not the best at recharging by solar power. Not impressed. I bought two of these and can’t get them to charge even sitting directly in the sun for the entire day.
I just plug them in and charge them that way but don’t really have the mah to really charge a phone, just extends the life a bit.