Butterball XL Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Butterball XL Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer
Price: $89.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Dec 11 to Monday, Dec 14) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Butterball XL Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Butterball XL Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Butterball - Google Shopping XL Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer)

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at HomeDepot.com

Product Page

Fried turkey is the ONLY way to go. I refuse to eat it any other way.

This is tempting, but I already have a propane-fired fryer. For me, cooking outside is half the fun. Granted, not so much in places that actually have winter weather.

I’d imagine this is probably safer/better for the novice, and being able to do it indoors in bad weather would be a huge plus.

Have owned the small model (up to 14 lb. turkey) otherwise identical for 5 years, cannot say enough good about this cooker. Perfect results every time. We use it outside on the screen porch because it can steam some exhaust, and clean up is better there too. So we get the outdoors element without the propane cooker challenges.

Someone please fry a ham and let me know how it comes out.

Got the smaller version a couple of years ago and I really like it. It’s easy to use and I get great results. Only problem is figuring out what to do with it when it’s not being used.

Was going to buy a propane burner, kettle, and a turkey rack (to lift the turkey out of the oil) - costs way more than this, is much larger for storage, and much more hassle.

This is a great deal compared to the price on amazon

“Indoor Turkey Fryer”. Is it just me or is that not just asking for a disaster?

Two things: First, even though it is an inside turkey fryer, don’t cook it inside unless you want to live with the smell of oil for the next few weeks. Use it in the garage (with a fan blowing out) or in a protected spot outside.

Second: GET THIS FRYER! I used mine for the first time this Thanksgiving and it was the best bird I’ve ever had. Even the leftovers that are usually “Meh” were better than most baked birds fresh from the oven. Be sure to follow the instructions, get some marinate and inject the bird, and fry away. Invest in a meat thermometer while your at it to make sure your turkey is done.

1. How big is the basket?

2. Anyone know if this would work to boil lobsters?

SO, we normally just buy a Popeye’s pre-fried turkey. They used to be $30 for a large bird. This year they are $40 for a skrawney bird that looked like a fat chicken…bye bye Popeye’s…hello indoor fryer…

I bought one about 8 years ago. Two problems. 1. No juices to make gravy. 2. Electric fryer doesn’t have enough power to keep the temperature high enough for good frying. Once you put the turkey into the oil, the oil lowers in temp to around 200 degrees or so, which is not frying, but more like boiling. It recovers a bit, but IMO, not enough. The fryer company sent me a new element … same thing. I always wanted to try both elements on 2 different circuits, but have never done it, mostly because of comment 1. Yeah I know you can bake the neck, etc. for making gravy. To me, brine the bird overnight and bake. I had a non brinned bird for Thanksgiving and it was definitely dry and pretty tasteless.

So, can I fry a Tofurky in this?

Here’s William Shatner on fryer safety… in song!
[youtube=8t2dwPTnsyA][/youtube]

Just fried a turkey for Thanksgiving in this ones little brother. It came out awesome!

Safety stuff:

There is NO exposed flame that could ignite spillage.

The MIN and MAX fill lines are clearly marked on the inside of the pot.

Temp only goes to 375 degrees so no chance of overheating the oil.

The power cord is held in place with strong magnets so if someone trips on the cord, it just pops loose.

I bought the smaller version of this over one year ago. It does a fabulous job! You’ll love the taste of a fried turkey. I’ve used this three times - last Thanksgiving & Christmas; and again this Thanksgiving. It is completely safe if you follow the simple instructions. Use peanut oil and use outside in a covered area (porch, sunroom, garage, etc.) it is easy to clean. This is a great deal!

I’ve fried a ham and it worked pretty well. I like doing the spiral sliced that are already fully cooked. The edges get really crispy. Just don’t fry for too long.

I can’t imagine using this inside. I always use mine outside with perfect results every time. I’ve had mine for 3 or 4 years. I think I paid $109 at home depot.

Can you fry other things in this, like french fries, wings, chicken fingers, etc?