daRosario 100% USDA Organic Truffle Oil

daRosario 100% USDA Organic Truffle Oil
$24.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: New
PRODUCT: 1 daRosario 100% USDA Organic Truffle Oil 250 ml Bottle

Website

Seems to cost substantially less on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Rosario-Organic-Truffle-Flavored-1-76-Ounce/dp/B001AJ1NLU

OOPs -only 1.76 ounces on Amazon. Never mind!

It says that this is truffles mixed in with olive oil but it fails to say how much truffle is actually in this mix. It could be pretty weak on the truffles and still called truffle oil.

Double post due to server glitch.

Yeah that could be due to the fact that the one auctioning here is 4.5 times the size.

18.95*4.5

I ain’t not mathematician but I don’t think that will end up being less.

Haha nevermind… you already fixed it.

You also get substantially less. The 1.76 oz bottle on Amazon is a little over 50ml, or about 1/5 the amount in the Woot bottle.

You also get substantially less. The 1.76 oz bottle on Amazon is a little over 50ml, or about 1/5 the amount in the Woot bottle.

I have this. It has a hint of olive oil in the color, but the flavor and scent are strong truffle. I’d buy this again, except that with the amount I use in things it’ll probably be a couple years before I’ll need to…

I think this is a good deal. I found it elsewhere for $36 + shipping.

http://www.earthy.com/da_Rosario_Organic_White_Truffle_Oil__8_oz_P1377C52.cfm

If I didn’t still have the truffle butters from a previous woot, I’d be all over this…

Sir, “Truffle Oil” is always an infused flavor. Usually infusing flavor to Olive or Grape Seed oil, Gape Seed oil has a higher smoke point.

Truffles are so very expensive that using an infused oil has become a popular alternative to add white / black truffle flavor.

There is no true “Truffle Oil” – most infused oils are synthetic in nature – or use by-products from truffle harvesting. You will never capture the flavor of real truffles in an oil

Thanks for the info. If this has enough truffle to strongly smell of it there must be enough in there to make it worthwhile. Still going to pass I think though,

I just don’t think I’d use enough of it, although it’s tempting just to see if there’s anything to the idea of putting truffle oil on popcorn.

So what I was trying to get at is you will never find a truffle oil with a percentage of how much “truffle” an oil is infused with.

sorry everyone truffle oil is a poor substitute to the real thing – no pun intended.

I’m no scientist, but what the hell are ‘volatile molecules’??

Thank Wikipedia, not myself:

Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are organic chemicals that have a high vapor pressure at ordinary, room-temperature conditions. Their high vapor pressure results from a low boiling point, which causes large numbers of molecules to evaporate from the liquid or solid form of the compound and enter the surrounding air.

Anybody have an idea of how long this oil will keep its “essence,” or whatever you want to call it? Eight ounces is a lot of oil if its only used drops at a time. The smaller bottles might be a better deal in the long run.

Just curious, but does this stuff keep the same as regular olive oil? There was a comment in one of the Amazon reviews about how once you open it you should refrigerate it. I’m not too sure about that as regular olive oil doesn’t need to be refrigerated.

Already in for 3 though!

if the pic is the actual product, it looks slightly oxidized (yellow). Real extra virgin FRESH olive oil is greensh… Just saying… Cusious