Dell Latitude 7414 Rugged 14" Laptop

Dell Latitude 7414 Rugged 14" Laptop

PRICE DROP!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

2 Likes

Tactical

4 Likes

Looks like the 16GB model is $60 cheaper on the mothership…

Dell Latitude Rugged 7414 HD Business Laptop Notebook Touch Screen (Intel Quad Core i5-6300U, 16GB Ram, 512GB Solid State SSD, HDMI, CAM, Smart Card Reader, DVD-RW) Win 10 Pro (Renewed) https://a.co/d/7NIJ2vi

6 Likes

Love this. Too bad I got the Asus tablet last week. Need Win 11 pro anyway.

Remember, Win 10 support ends July 2024.

1 Like

That’s too bad about Win 10 support. I really dislike how Win 11 does not allow one to spread working windows across the taskbar. Clumps them by application which is not how I want to be able to work. It is so bad I asked if our IT department could roll it back. They agreed it was less functional, but they said they could not.

1 Like

W10 EOL is October 14, 2025.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

2 Likes

intrepid01,
In Windows 11 this feature is available for within Personalize > Taskbar > Taskbar Behaviors: Combine Taskbar Buttons and Hide Labels. Fire your IT department :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you go into personalization you can ungroup them there. Does your IT Department know how to Google?

2 Likes

Thank you - but that option is missing from the install I have Windows 11 Pro 22H2

strong text

Was there a subsequent patch after dozens of users seemed to make it a primary complaint on MS sites and Quora?

1 Like

Sounds like it was in some earlier releases, then removed… but coming back again. Supposedly in the 23H2 update, but sounds like they added it to the 22H2 “Moment 4” update as well.

Since your PCs are managed by an IT department, they probably lock things down a bit with group policies and don’t allow/push out updates as soon as they are released, since that’s been known to be problematic. But you should eventually get it.

3 Likes

Yes, you are very correct on both counts - locked down and somewhat delayed push. Often the push breaks things in part because they have so many layers of software and hardware appliances to deter malware and ransomware. Some sandboxing as well. Problem is no one tests multiple layers of defenses + proprietary EHRs so things break.

3 Likes

Windows 11 Home - 23H2

3 Likes

Specs say: 1 RJ45 port. Pictures seem to show two? One in a compartment with a DB9 serial port, one next to a USB port, almost directly next to the other. Are the pictures wrong, or the specs?

Well, the 15 that the mothership had in stock at $340 are all gone now, and I received my “Popular Link” badge, so looks like 15 Wooters got one… :slightly_smiling_face:

PRICE DROP!

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

Is this a weapon? How high are you when you drop this thing? Does anyone really need that much protection? Other than most human beings who should never be allowed to ever participate in populating the earth. We already have enough morons.
Dougie Payne Doctor GIF by Travis

Don’t worry, you’ll get an annoying pop-up every five starts telling you that Windows 11 is ready.

These are decent, I use one at work.

1 Like

It could be a second serial port. Industrial PCs and servers often have a RJ45 port that connects to the serial bus so you can use a “Cisco Cable”. Notice it says “2x serial” in the specs.

Wow… VGA and Serial ports, with a matching low-res screen. I was sort of also expecting under one of the flaps a 3.5" floppy drive.

i5-6300U CPU is from 2015 and Windows 10 standard support is ending next year:

Why would you buy this?

There’s a lot of reasons people would buy this. Immediate need for field work on a project only lasting a year or two leaps to mind.

1 Like