Derby Preview #732: Wonderfully Weird

Think sensational surrealism, abstract pop art or psychedelic dreamscapes! We are embracing all that is weird and odd and beautiful in this weeks derby! This theme is brought to you by @lunchboxbrain and will be guest edited by him!!

This Derby begins THURSDAY October 24th & ends THURSDAY October 31st at noon, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Friday - Sunday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale each Monday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing!

1 Like

I love Paul Robertson

1 Like

I have seen and loved his stuff for years, but I had no idea that he was as famous as he is. I didn’t realize that was his art on Gravity Falls, either. So cool. It’s like seeing the doodles on the inside of our notebook covers brought to life!

Yeah, the doodles of a sexually charged 16 year old, haha. His animations for Adult Swim are amazing. Have you seen his Purple Dino (cant think of the name) series of vignettes?

His stuff reminds me of this old arcade game that I found in the 10k dump of MAME games that I have…

Yeah, those animated shorts he did with that dino are so great

1 Like

@Lady5tark Will facebook voting be part of this derby?

1 Like

Hi @acraigl, no we can not tell you whether Facebook will be a part of this derby. It is one of the mechanisms we use to keep the derby exciting so we will not be announcing before a derby launches whether that will be used that week.

Keep in mind this is an engaging opportunity for our followers on Facebook. It’s a way we can offer some fun on the Facebook page that’s not just “buy this shirt” posts all the time!

Can I make Trump?

1 Like

2 Likes

I won’t vote for Trump

2 Likes

Can we just keep the “no politics” permanent until sometime after 2021 3021? There’s only so many cat pics I can post to drown out the vitriol banter, y’know.

1 Like

at this point, I take the “no politics” ban as assumed to be in place unless specifically allowed in the derby topic write-up. So many good potential Trump and AOC garbage disposal designs unrealized…

1 Like

we should possibly try one more Trump shirt. According to comments in the forums, everyone who was upset has already promised to never buy from woot again…

I’m kinda looking forward to weird derby. Is that weird?

Is there anything that is too weird?

Well, I made something weird. Not sure how wonderful it is, but it’s weird.

1 Like