Dusted Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (4)

Dusted Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$54.99 $180.00 69% off List Price
2012 Dusted Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley

Previous offer:
4/20/16

Mill was the last person to buy for the March 15th offer and Mill is the first person to buy this time. Connect the dots.

I dunno, 90 points on CellarTracker: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2085879

and TotalWine sells it for ~$30/bottle: http://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/dusted-valley-cabernet-sauvignon-walla-walla/p/124616750

Could be worth a glug…

I found it to be $32.99 at Total Wine, but with in store pick up. 4 @ $33 ($132) still makes his price, $55 for 4, to be quite the deal. No?

Opened one of these a week or two ago from the last offer. Excellent price for some quality washington cab.

On another note, I wanted to ask if anyone could shed some light on the whole screw top thing. Is there a difference between screw top and cork? Are corks merely a sentimental/traditional way to bottle wine? Are they cheaper? It seems to me that a screw top would last longer, whereas corks can go bad. whats the deal?

also, if you need any more incentive, here is what WD said when this was $5 more:

"Opened one of these a week or two ago from the last offer. Excellent price for some quality washington cab.

• Couldn’t agree more. I would jump on this if I weren’t in wine detention.

“On another note, I wanted to ask if anyone could shed some light on the whole screw top thing. Is there a difference between screw top and cork? Are corks merely a sentimental/traditional way to bottle wine? Are they cheaper? It seems to me that a screw top would last longer, whereas corks can go bad.” <— This is true.

“whats the deal?”

• From what I have read it is both tradition and sentimentality. Cork does nothing for the flavor of wine but wine makers worry that wine drinkers will make negative assumptions about a wine’s quality if it has a screw top. I love them and have many quality wines with screw tops.

Do a few internet searches and you’ll find a ton of info. Issues include cork taint(TCA), how the wines age, screw cap use on wines meant to be drunk young(or not), costs. Cork taint was probably the driving force in the screw caps gaining popularity, particularly on wines for more immediate consumption.

First Sucker:mill

Last Wooter to Woot:ERMD

In for a case at this price.

Good catch on the price reduction.

“This item cannot be shipped to NC. Please remove this wine from your order.”

When (and why) did this change? I bought some in March.

$37.99 on TotalWine’s website and not available in my area (Minnesota), so I’m in for two.
Cheers!

Last wooter to woot: cynthylee

I got in on the last offer. I’ve only had one bottle so far but I’ll add my impressions.

The wine was very smooth drinking and well balanced. It drinks much more like a Bordeaux than compared to something like a Napa cab. If I recall, the wine actually is a blend with cabernet being the main percentage (~80%) and merlot being the next largest. According to my palate I might have initially told you the percentages were swapped.

But once I adjusted my expectations a bit to what I was drinking I was overall very pleased with it. I’m going to have a hard time not hitting the buy button again. :slight_smile:

I’ll also admit that when opening the bottle I first attempted to use a foil cutter on the screw top. I had been in the middle of a very involved conversation and had to evaluate after a second or two why something wasn’t working as I expected with the foil cutter. Oops.

Bought four on the last offer.
Drank one bottle and it tasted past its prime.
Haven’t tried any of the other bottles yet to see if the rest of the batch is bad. Have loved everything else from Dusted Valley before so am hoping that it was just the one bottle.

IFTFY

Of course it’s opinion, but those opinions are based on experience.
There are far more arguments to be made for the use of screw caps for a vast majority of wines being sold rather than for the continued use of cork.

True!

Recommended drinking window?

Checked on the backend here and it’s correct. Probably a license renewal thing.