Hisense 40" 1080p LED HDTV

[Preview 1]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/833e9af5-ade4-483a-b692-b9dfaae12126.png

Hisense 40" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $199.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Feb 02 to Tuesday, Feb 03) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Hisense 40" 1080p LED HDTV) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Hisense 40" 1080p LED HDTV) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Hisense - Google Shopping 40" 1080p LED HDTV)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/28/2014 - $199.99 - Click To See Discussion (38 comments)
5/21/2013 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (24 comments)
5/15/2013 - $249.99 - Click To See Discussion (50 comments)

11/4/2014 - $199.99 (Woot Plus)
10/13/2014 - $219.99 (Woot Plus)
6/24/2013 - $230.00 (Woot Plus)

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at walmart.com

Good Reviews over at Best Buy

I bought two of these the last time they were up on woot to install at my work as digital signage displays. I was surprised at how light they are. They’ve been running about 9 hours a day for the past few months and I’ve had no problems with them. I liked them so much I bought one for my office and one for my home.

Strange. On the Hisense website the Overview says the resolution is 1920x1080, but if you click “Full Specs” it says the resolution is only 1366x768. Anyone actually have one of these who’s run this at 1920x1080?

$40 more at Best Buy for a new one and free shipping. I think Id pay the extra $35. Something goes wrong and you return it to Best Buy. Something goes wrong here and you’ll be bouncing back and forth for months ,or longer, trying to get it fixed or your money back. That’s if you’re lucky.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisense-40-class-40-diag--led-1080p-hdtv/6487107.p?id=1219220963579&skuId=6487107

Got one of these from the post-Christmas woot-off. Mine was defective - wouldn’t turn on, so I had to return it for warranty service - unfortunately, they (the refurbisher) made me pay shipping to return it to them, so in the end I feel like I paid about what I would have for a brand new model but got a refurb with a short warranty instead (and only after waiting quite a while for TVs sent back and forth through fedex). Thankfully, the second one they sent seems to be working fine.

Other than the bad experience with the defective unit, the picture seems very good for a TV in this price range. So there’s that. But I’d buy new next time, unless I can be guaranteed I won’t be stuck paying return shipping.

I was thinking about buying 2 for the same exact purpose! What are you using to drive the image to the screens?

I am using a vizio 60" as signage in my store and I push the images with a device called BrightSign. It is kindof a hdmi external video card. Network accessible with its own internal storage. If woot ever has them I would buy several.

I bought one of these a month or two ago from woot! for $184 shipped. It looks and functions like new. The dynamic contrast can act a little strange when a scene toggles from dark to light several times but I doubt that that is a defect in terms of being broken.

Bought this right after Christmas woot off as well. I love it for the price.

Can’t go wrong in my opinion.

Bought a Hisense from Woot a while back. I believe it was a larger model and it was indeed defective. So much for refurbished/recertified. It kept powering off randomly. I even updated the firmware but it didn’t fix the problem. I will say that to Woot’s credit, they paid the return shipping. I haven’t bought a “refurbished” television since. Bought a couple of “refurbished” HP laptops from Wood. Two were defective but repairable (via warrantied HP parts). Fine with that, not with shipping a huge television back and forth. I think “refurbished” nowadays simply means repackaged.

Yeah, I just bought and returned two 32" inch TVs from Best Buy (a Samsung which inexplicably did not have an audio out and an Insignia with the worst picture I have ever seen.) Not a BB fanboy, but they (and other retailers as well, it’s just that they are usually the biggest game in town) do make returns very easy. As attractive as Woot TV deals often are, I won’t pull the trigger on a refurb TV.

I bought two of these for the kids for Christmas. I paid the same same price new around Black Friday from Walmart. The picture is good on both of them and we haven’t had any problems. We have a Roku 3 hooked to each of them.

I bought one of these at $179. The picture is surprisingly good for the $$.
Sound volume and quality is much better than expected too.

IMO, still worth $199.

I bought one of these before christmas during a sale and it arrived safe and sound, and actually had really good picture and color. I ended up returning it though because there was some annoying backlight leakage and some motion blur on anything with a read tint. I’m super picky so I couldn’t stand it, but overall for 200 it’s a pretty good tv.

I bought one of these at the $179 earlier and am super happy with it. Still a great buy at the $199. I bought the square deal warrnaty with it, just in case. No problems at all.

Thinking about using something like this for digital artwork/photos. I guess it would be like using it for a sign. Anyone have an opinion as to the quality of these? Does it make a difference what angle you view it from?

I bought one of these last time it was up. It’s been great for the price. I’m not super picky like some people, but I haven’t noticed excessive motion blur or bad color. It was absolutely the cheapest way to get myself a 40" HDTV, although there are alternatives for $40-50 more. A+ good purchase do not regret. I’ve plugged a ($20) Fire TV stick into it and the total cost for Netflix/Amazon Instant Video/etc on a HDTV is pretty remarkably low.

It’s no 80" curved 4K TV, but it’s also 7,800 dollars cheaper than one, so, yeah. My next TV will probably be larger, but that’s a purchasing decision for Future Me!

edit: It’s got an auto-adjust color menu option, definitely run that.