Mani Imported Kalamata Pitted Olives

Mani Imported Kalamata Pitted Olives

Oooh, I’m so happy!
These were good. Once.
Don’t let the “this product has not been reviewed” fool you. Woot has had these at least 5 times.
First time for me, I had the mixed, kalamata, and pitted. All were awesome.
Next time around I got kalamata, and pitted. Both were overly salty and mushy. Turns out, they poured on the firming agents (sodium sulfate, calcium chloride, sodium chloride…) to try and make up for the partially masticated consistency of the mechanically pulverized rejects from their processing line.
Third time around was less salty, and less beat up, but still resembling meat from a 5 gal bucket filed with water after 20 grams of det-chord had been set off. - tender and diffuse.

If these are the first run, recently processed, low firming agent products, then buy the crap out of them.
If not, Costco would be best bet.

If you are at a loss as to what to do with them try, Pasta Puttanesca. Ingredients: Jar spaghetti sauce, olives, capers. Boil pasta. Chop olives and capers as fine or as course as you like and add to sauce. Microwave sauce in large covered bowl. Add pasta to bowl and serve with grated cheese.

These are the BEST type of olive to go on pizza. I could never figure out how to get home made pizza to taste like pizza hut or pizza king or… But after using kalamata on pizza, I would never go back. These are also great in Hummus.

1 Like

this looks like a big bottle of sriracha to me.

Then it should be in a BOC, because that would totally be full of disappoint.

1 Like

Which olives do you buy at Costco? Pretty good, I presume from your recommendation?

I like to just sit on the couch and eat them out of the jar like popcorn. No regrets.

1 Like

I’m more referring to the consistency of quality, not so much brand.
These Woot olives might be great, they might be crap, or they could just be ok. It’s like a box of chocolates, but saltier (?).
Costco has similar volume/price point and consistent quality.

Blockquote Don’t let the “this product has not been reviewed” fool you. Woot has had these at least 5 times.

Your post prompted me to check – lo and behold, the past discussions are making their way back onto the site! I searched “mani” and the results had links to many old olivy threads. I didn’t look to see how far back they went.

These olives are one of the very few reasons I even check Woot “gourmet” anymore – despite the rarely found good deal, here, these days, these are great olives at a good (not outstanding) price. I’ve ordered these four times before (always mixed, but in for these today), and I’ve never been disappointed. (Also, FWIW, I’ve stored mine in the 'fridge.)