Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for PC

Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for PC

1 Like

Good luck! (With Star Fox sound effect)

3 Likes

From the reviews: [sic]

This software is a swindle. You has to pay a yearly fee of more that $100 for an app that you already bough?

Is this accurate? Are you purchasing complete access, or is there a yearly subscription fee on top of the listed price?

4 Likes

Office 365 is a subscription based service. This software should be full access. The reviewer may have gotten the wrong code, or Amazon mixed up product reviews again.

5 Likes

Buyer beware!!!

Ive bought 3 copies of this software on 2 separate orders and all codes did not work with microsoft. Followed all instructions given, the codes were not good.

2 were listed as invalid from microsoft.

1 was listed as already installed in another location.

Issue was never resolved. Buy at own risk.

5 Likes

I need Microsoft office amateur

9 Likes

You didn’t get your money back?

1 Like

Questions?

1. Has this worked for anyone who purchased it on Woot!

2. Is this a one-time download(lifetime access) or do you need to pay a yearly fee?

1 Like

Be aware that Woot will send you a notice that your “package” will ship in x business days and gives you a “tracking number” What they don’t tell you is that no package or envelope will arrive, Only after I complained did they send me an alleged link to download instructions and that the “tracking number” is actually the key code for the software. Then, the link they finally sent me to download did not work. After I poked around I found the way to download, only to find that the key code did not work. Now, they are supposedly sending me a new “package”, only 5 weeks after my initial order. my previous experiences with Woot have been fine; this one sucked.

4 Likes

Microsoft Office 365 IS a subscription but THIS is NOT that. This is a permanent license.
Microsoft still sells it both ways, as a subscription and a permanent license.

I have bought both Office and Windows Pro this way, sometimes from woot and sometimes for half this price from no-name offshore vendors. I haven’t had an activation fail but I know I’m taking a chance with the offshore vendors. I would be way more comfortable buying it from woot because they WILL give me a refund if I have a problem. I know I may have to be persistent and patient.

OR I could go to staples and buy a box for a lot more, even then there is a small chance I will have a problem with activation.

People you are trading convenience for price, that’s it.

3 Likes

This big orange box has been on every one of these sales. It is unfortunate that your code did not work though.

7 Likes

I’d be more worried those offshore vendors are selling spyware than getting a refund

2 Likes

Meanwhile isnt a version of it availble from MS for free?

1 Like

I have CDs for Office or XP. Everytime I get a new computer/laptop I install it.

Not really sure why newer versons would be any better for basic use.

2 Likes

I use Libre Office (free) and have for years. I’ve never had a compatibility problem.

6 Likes

My employer put that on their laptop and it performs just as well or better because it has higher compatibility with file extensions.

2 Likes

A Word of caution.

Office 365 (part of the Microsoft 365 family) will cease to work next year because next year is a leap year.

You will need the Office 366 version.

The Outlook on this issue is grim because the upgrade is not free.

Because, in order to stay Professional and Excel in your productivity, you must upgrade.

To Access this upgrade, please see your local Microsoft Sales Representative.

Independent Publishers, Non-Profit Organizations and Educational Institutes may be able to get an upgrade for a discounted price.

Power users may Point out that this kind of business practice is unjust and unfair.

There is currently a Class-Action Lawsuit in the Works, Bob vs Microsoft.

3 Likes
  1. Yes. It was rather painless in my case.

2. Pretty sure you dont have to pay a yearly fee, but you prob cant transfer the suite to another computer either.

1 Like

Yes, this is a permanent license and no yearly subscription fee. However, you do NOT get a free upgrade when it happens to Office 365. Simply keep using this if you don’t want a “free” upgrade as provided by the subscription. Or purchase the new version at full price… there is no upgrade price.

2 Likes

As others have said, this buys you a lifetime/forever license for Office 2021. You’ll get all the big fixes and security patches for Office 2021 for the duration of its supported life cycle for free. It does NOT come with major version upgrades at all so when Office 2024 comes out next year, you’re out of luck, won’t get any of those, and will have to buy that copy separately again if you want whatever functionality is introduced with that.

One thing you’re likely to lose with this vs. the subscription version is ChatGPT-based AI integration and ongoing development and support of those new AI features. You’ll only ever have whatever 2021 gets and has.

The annual subscription is for Office 365 which is now part of Microsoft 365 (blame their marketing department for this confusion), which you buy every year, but gives you a license for whatever is the current version of all the Office suite products and any updates or upgrades that come out for it for the duration of your license (until you don’t renew it). All updates and upgrades are always free with this version, but when you stop paying for your license, you no longer have the ability to use any of your Office suite software.

It’s free upgrades vs. a forever license for a single version with no upgrades. You also, I believe, don’t get the free 1 terabyte of OneDrive storage without the Office 365 subscription - so you’d have to buy and pay for OneDrive storage separately from this version. This version also might be missing some of the other full Office suite that 365 comes with but I didn’t double check that, I only know it’s been that way sometimes in the past. You can compare what comes with each online.

For people who have problems with the license code you’re sent - you’ll have to blame the illegitimate overseas sites and Warez kiddies for that. They’re the ones stealing your valid codes.

3 Likes