My Last Day as CTO of Woot! - LAST DAY PRANKING! BOCS! OH MY!

Hi Wooters!

Sad to say it, but today is my last day as CTO of Woot. With much sad deliberation, I’m moving off back into the mothership to work on Amazon Web Services stuff. It’s not you. It’s me. Actually it’s @davejlives. But he can’t know that. 3 Then he wins.

I have never had more fun in my life than the last 4 and change years! Most importantly, YOU! I have never had more fun with customers in my working life. You are dedicated, passionate, sometimes supremely pissed off, always entertaining, and made me z feel like more than just some crappy middle manager in the borg ecosystem of Amazon. You are amazing, and made it really easy to wake up and get my sorry butt into work every day, and made it REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to decide to leave. I’ll still be on the forums, albeit without the Woot Staff logo or any real power. But you know TT has all the real power anyway, yeah?

Since it is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for me, expect some pranks and surprises on the site today. I was in Dallas last week and raided TT’s BoC stash. I cannot d confirm or deny that there is a sale of them live now. Right now. About 50 BoCs. Hiding in plain sight - with www.woot.com slash something. You’re welcome, if you dare. If you can work out the URL. I love you all, but keep being loud, proud Wooters who complain about the WORST WOOTOFFS EVER, the c DEALS BEING BETTER ON AMAZON, MISSING THE OLD WOOT, SUCKS SINCE AMAZON BOUGHT US, 5 WHY ARE BIDETS IN GARDEN TOOLS, and everything you do on here a to make this little site what it is. And download . the app, because otherwise @Ajit31415 will cry. r

Always a Wooter!
Jeremy

PS - I will do some streaming today :slight_smile:

24 Likes

dude…wot?? i heard something like this through the pumpkin vines, and thought it was rumors.

7 Likes

HEY WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD STEAL BOCS?? YOU’RE FIRED! OH WAIT

13 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be missed… but hey, I’m sure they can back-up and try again.

3 Likes

I’m not talking to him.

10 Likes

Wow. I hope you go on to live a life full of e-scooters, otamatones, and weird synthesizer things. Never let them change you.

6 Likes

Since he is still working for the mothership, I’m sure that we will all get bits and pieces of him in our BOC’s in the future. That is how it all works. Dark Magics from the Amazon, workers slowly turn into items and are either sold for premium prices or thrown into BOC’s. It’s all sorta like Soylent Green…

11 Likes

CRAP! 31 day rule still applies!? Mr. Crapnoski

4 Likes

You worked it out?? You people scare me. In the best way.

6 Likes

I am a detective, no? [and a proofreading hound]

5 Likes

Do you get to keep your stapler?

2 Likes

That’s @Ajit31415’s stapler. I’m a CTO. I only use Clippy.

4 Likes

It could become yours…

1 Like

Found it! Thanks for everything Jeremy! You will be missed.
Show 'em how it’s done over there! Hope to see you in your civilian clothes over here now and again!

6 Likes

Reminded me of those old Rogetray gifhunt games. sniff

5 Likes

@wajeremy I’ve enjoyed the banter…and blaming you for APP FAILS! [@Ajit31415 shall now become whipping boy] Best of luck at AWS. See you around the forums!

4 Likes

He posted last night.

5 Likes

Congrats and Condolences!

1 Like

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lawd split ya!

3 Likes

Hahahah you have nooooo idea. The team I’m joining is going to be one very hard, interesting challenge for me.

3 Likes