Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy (Scratch and Dent)

Bought this last time it was up. Without any doubt, the best Woot I ever Wooted.

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/8e208048-6b95-4dee-8a49-93dda3467f9b.jpg

Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy (Scratch and Dent)
Price: $159.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Nov 20 to Friday, Nov 21) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://sellout.woot.com/offers/neato-xv-21-pet-allergy-scratch-and-dent-13) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Neato XV-21 Pet +%26 Allergy (Scratch and Dent)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Neato - Google Shopping XV-21 Pet +%26 Allergy (Scratch and Dent))

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/22/2014 - $159.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)
10/21/2014 - $159.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (2 comments)
9/30/2014 - $159.99

11/7/2014 - $159.99 (Woot Plus)

Product Page

Woo. Bought one during one of the last scratch and dent sales. Don’t let the “scratch and dent” part turn you away at all. Mine had no dents, and barely any scratches (the only ones I could find were on that plastic piece that sticks out above the rest of the unit), plus factor in the fact it’s going to bump around into things anyways.

Works perfectly. Here’s my review from just after I bought mine, including a picture that shows how much it picked up on its first run. Adding to that, the bin has been about that full every time after (I run it about 3 times a week, M/W/F) so either my cats and I are just that disgusting, or the fact that I slacked off vacuuming before has left a good amount for Neato to find.

For this price, I probably wouldn’t think twice unless there’s a comparable model on Amazon for just a bit more (which at the time of my purchase last time, there didn’t seem to be).

*ALSO: Mine arrived with the battery not connected. It makes sense when you think about it (to not ruin the battery during storage/shipping), but I did think for a bit that I received a dud until I actually read the instructions and the error message and put 2 and 2 together.

My family & I love this thing. It works well and covers area better and more logically than that other robot vac. In fact it works almost as well as my $500 Dyson upright. Plus this price is phenomenal. Brand new these go for a lot more. Can’t beat this deal. Even with a bat, while it sleeps. I will recommend getting extra filters for it right way, as they do need changing often. If you’re on the fence about this, go for it. You’ll be pleased I’m sure

You will get about a year out of these and then they’re just a paper weight. Darn shame, really. We bought ours at the 300 dollar mark and it really was nice to have the hardwoods dust free for a couple months. Kept it clean and the dust bin empty every day, but it developed battery and charging issues at about 6 months. Neato was good at first with customer service and replaced the batteries at no charge. The new batteries had charging issues after about a month and then Neato service began to falter. One day, the LED display went blank and would not work. That was the kiss of death. Neato’s response was to offer a new/refurbed unit. No further repair available. I really liked the convenience of coming home to a house free of dust bunnies, but I can get the same with swiffers and cordless vac.

STAY AWAY! The vacuum works great when it does but once you have issues their support is terrible. They do not stand behind their product. I bought one of the units and it broke down months later, took many calls to get it replaced. Second unit died few weeks later, battery issue and they will not replace them!

STAY AWAY! If you have problems with batteries these steps do not work and Neto will not replace them under warranty.

1. Locate the two battery doors next to the wheels.

2. Unscrew the two screws on one of the battery doors.

3. Carefully unplug The battery from its connection.

4. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.

5. Reconnect Battery.

6. Replace the battery door.

7. Go to Menu, select Support, and then select New Batteries. Neato will say “thank you”

8. Place the Neato on its charge base for 3 – 5 hours.

9. Run Neato as usual until it needs to recharge again if the Neato does not say that the battery is low simply hit the start button again until the Neato says that its battery is low.

10. Repeat the charge and run cycle 3 times.

WHILE it works, it cleans great but there’s always reliability issues with all Neato products whether it’s a software glitch, robot humping a plant stand, battery issues and what just happened to my (3rd) replacement, the navigation motor for the laser failed.

I’d only spring for another one if Neato gave a 1 yr. warranty on their refurb & I had money to burn.

90 days? No way.

Why do you think there are so many refurbs on Ebay and Amazon? I bought the highly rated Roomba 650 & love it.

How long have you owned it and how much use does it get?

STAY AWAY! get ready to spend $50 every 3-4 months on batteries because Neto doesn’t cover them under 1-year warranty.

We have had one for almost 3 years, would recommend to anyone. Love these things…

Were you able to update its firmware? I was not, and am a computer geek, Win 7 OS. Direct internet connection or router, doesn’t matter - FAIL.

Ditto!!! excellent robot vac!

I had the EXACT issues you had. I loved mine at first, then 6 mos. in battery would not stay charged. Now the LED is out. UGH, nice 250.00 paper weight. I bought it on woot about 1 1/2 years ago.

Questions for the four of you who had problems:

1. Was it this specific model?
  2. Was your unit new, or was it a scratch & dent refurb or an ordinary refurb? (Excludes the person who has multiple units and didn’t like any of them.)

I feel very sad reading about some of the horror stories of some people who have purchased these refurbs in the past. But after all, these refurbs are nothing more than USED MACHINES WHICH HAVE DEVELOPED PROBLEMS AND WERE SENT BACK TO THE MANUFACTURER FOR REPLACEMENT.

So what do you think the manufacturer does with these machines before reselling them? Do you actually believe that they take them completely apart and replace any broken or worn parts? Think again, here’s what Square Deal says,(the people who provide service coverage for these machines)…

“Repairing electronics can cost as much as buying them new.”

So parts are salvaged from other machines and used just to get a machine working again and then it’s sent to you. They are banking that it will last at least 90 days…and then you’re on your own!

Sometimes the machines hold together for a while and sometimes they do not. But you went into this deal with your eyes wide open, so this deal is entirely on you. If you don’t like the odds, DON’T BUY REFURBS!!

If you get this, I recommend a Square Trade warranty.I have been a Neato owner for over 3 years now. I have a love/hate relationship with them. My first one was always being sent back for issues. It finally was replaced with one that worked for a while, then died. I bought a second unit that worked for over 2 years with no problem. I bought a Square Trade warranty for it and they replaced it with no hassle. That being said, I do enjoy having mine. I have a dog that is a shedder and this is a life saver for me. I am a senior citizen with arthritis and this is a great help.

Please explain the square trade warranty. Is that site saying that I register with them that I paid between 0 and $199 for this item, and if I send them $28, they’ll send me a replacement if it breaks in the next three years?

Or do I need to register this product for what it’s new price would be, which would be $39 for three years?

Because either way, aside from the inconvenience, $160 + $39 is still a lot less than $360 for a new roomba 650.