Pellegrini Family Vineyards Mixed Case

Someone had to ask about the drinking window, but if someone takes issue with your comment and knocks you out with a bottle of amontillado before walling you up in their wine cellar it was nice knowing you for that one post.

Whoa - I was excited to labrat but had no idea that the offer would be a full mixed case!

I’ll be posting a review of the 2007 Cab tomorrow night - any thoughts on what to pair it with? I don’t mind stopping by the grocery store tomorrow…

Well, I just setup an ‘overflow’ rack (from the Mandolina offering a couple years ago) and it is chanting something about filling it before it gets lonely… in for one!

Does the case come with a rack? :wink:

$18 pinot 2009 Pellegrini Pinot Noir Russian River Valley - SKU 1062183
$14 chardonnay http://www.wallywine.com/p-72926-2009-pellegrini-chardonnay-russian-river-valley-estate-unoaked-750ml.aspx
$10 blend 2005 Pellegrini "Family Blend" Sonoma County Red Wine - SKU 1046233
$17 Zin http://www.pronto.com/pellegrini-zinfandel-aw8vx
$20 Merlot 2007 Cloverdale Ranch Alexander Valley Merlot - SKU 1061344
$16 Cab Wine Store - Pearson's Wine & Spirits

Total = $95 x 2 = $190

You can find the winery prices for some of these though Cesare’s link. The Cab and Merlot are each $24. For comparison, 2008 Chard is $20; 2007 Zin is $26. Also, they have 15% - 20% discounts on mixed offerings for Wine Club members.

Also, you can click Cesare’s CT links for each wine and then click “$$ FIND THIS WINE on WINE-SEARCHER.COM $$” for wine shop prices. They run from $9.95 (blend) to $19.99 (Cab), although 1) the Chard isn’t listed and 2) nobody but nobody but Woot ships a case of wine for $5. I don’t think you’ll find anything close to this deal anywhere else.

edit: Johnny1542 posted some prices while I was typing - add in shipping and you can see Woot has a heckuva deal.

I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli.
I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli.
I will not confuse this with Pedroncelli…

You sound confused.

Wanna talk about it?

Oh God. I am holding myself only because this would overflow the wine rack…

OK since Lassow is in for one I am too

Hi Dan! Welcome back!

I was wondering if you could tell us about the oak treatment, specifically on the Chard, but feel free to highlight the other varietals as well. THANKS!

The Pellegrinis have been around Sonoma County for a long time - since repeal at least. I knew of them primarily as bulk producers and later as wholesalers. I have not had much experience with the wines since they moved towards the more noble varietals and high quality wines.

In the Vintner Voicemail, Dan says the Chard is unoaked (fermented in stainless steel tanks).

I had a bottle of the 2006 Cloverdale Ranch Merlot a while ago and it was simply superb (CT tells me it was back in June of last year, yet I still remember it vividly, if that’s any indication). It was quite fruity, but very clean about it, and it had tons of character on the back end. A bit young for its age, though - I wonder if the “better” 2007 vintage is really ready to drink yet. Still, I loved it. Given the quality of that experience, I’m quite tempted by this offer.

I’ve never had any Pellegrini, but I have had 2007 pinot’s and merlot’s from the RRV and loved them all. After purchasing 81 bottles for my upcoming wedding, I unfortunately cannot buy this for my own stash. Very tempting though.

Can’t think of a good enough reason not to go in for one. So…in for one.

Thanks NG, I have no audio on the blackberry. :slight_smile:
Unoaked Chard is a huge plus for me. I’m not a big white wine drinker, but the whites I do enjoy are crisp and acidic, NOT the buttery goo (official oenological term) you get from a big oaky chardonnay.

I’d still be interested in the oak type, time, etc. on the reds as well when Dan gets back on.

Or how about with Pellegrini Vineyards on the Northfork…but I guess I should know that Long Island does NOT have a Russian River Valley.

Wow these are all big wines! Higher alcohol content than average imo.

KLEZMAN - If you are out there lurking, PM me if you need the SH Golden Ticket for your SO. My son and I can’t use it. Just bought two new vehicles late Dec & early Jan so I’m on a real serious SIWBM & travel restriction. I guess I’ll be having the “BIG BUTTON” withdrawls shortly especially with offers like this on board! Hopefully, this will give me time to shrink my wine wall.