Philips 47” Full HD 1080p LCD TV Pixel Plus

to anyone to bought a hdtv refurb from woot (or phillips refurb specifically).
Hows the tv?

Does this have HDMI?

Did you read the description?

I bought the 42" a while back and absolutely love it!! Im playing COD4 on it right now and its great. A lot of people had problems with receiving the TV boken or without a remote or power cord but I lucked out. Woot also really dropped the ball on tracking numbers and what not but all said and done I love it…47 would be nuce but the 42 is more than big enough for my room…I would say go for it, but there will be many, many people saying run and whining in the posts to come

I purchased the 42" Phillips about 6 months ago It is perfect actually looked loke an open box item not a refurb I am quite happy

4 HDMI inputs

Bought the Westinghouse HD refurb about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, I got a dud. But fortunately, the problem showed up early and I was able to get a warranty repair. Stuck with a $40 shipping charge! I think I still came out ahead in the end as long as the repaired set holds up.

Or click the link in the description.

4 HDMI Ports

This can be bought brand new for only $90 more on Amazon… Sorry Woot… No dice tonight.

I can’t speak for a refurb, but I did buy a display model from Target of this exact television about a month ago. The picture is great, plenty of high definition connections (4HDMI & 3 Component). Only complaint about the set is the remote feels very cheap.

I bought this TV about 7 months ago its the
best I love it !

My family and friends have all different brands they I have the best picture and sound
BUY IT YOU WON’T BE SORRY !

I purchased the Philips 42TA648BX 42” on 1/26 of this year and have no complaints at all. Picture is incredible and works as it should. I’m using HDMI switched through Onkyo receiver for HDTV, PS3, Wii and HTPC and they all display perfectly. Just set the Philips to auto format mode and it changes display screen size based on the input resolution.

If I needed another TV I would be grabbing this.

Amazon has it for $950 through Target, but they want $61.00 for shipping.

ME STUPID CONSUMER, NOT HAVE TIME TO READ SILLY DESCRIPTIONS DONE BY WOOT STAFF… ME EITHER CLICK BUY RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS PAGE LOADS OR ELSE ME ASKS OTHER PEOPLE ANSWERS… OTHER PEOPLES ALWAYS KNOWS BETTER THEN ME ANYWAYS. ME IS JUST STUPID GIANT, CAN’T BE BOTHERED WITH SILLY THINGS LIKE READING, OR RESEARCH… OR EVEN CLICKING EXPANDABLE PICTURE THAT SHOWS HDMI PORTS IN DETAIL… THAT JUST SILLY…

I purchased a Phillips 42 inch LCD last year.
refurbished, NOTHING BUT A NIGHTMARE.
the back panel would have static noise whenever it is turned on aftre the tv heats up then the noise would come out, imagine watching tv with static noise, how freakin annoying!!!
Phillips did send out technicians twice, changed the back panel but STILL cannot fix the problem, I ended up selling the piece of junk for 1/3 of the price.

I would say heck no, dont buy refurbish, if you cannot afford it, wait till it drops lower, especially with tv’s buy from somewhere you can return it…Especially with WOOT’s policy, there are no returns

same price at target when its on sale, and at target you get a new one… you can also get a 3 year warranty from target for about 65 dollars. now we know where target sends their returns for resale.

Yeah, I was just gonna say something similar. New ones are currently listed on Target’s website for $950. So $865 is not an enticing price difference for a refurb.

IMPEDANCE! What’s the IMPEDANCE!!!1

now we know where target sends their returns for resale.
[/quote]

haha, thats a good one, to those that doesnt have a problem with their refurbished units, they are among the lucky ones. but can you imagine buying a product, having to cross your fingers hoping for a fine unit?
also knowing the fact that you’ll be stuck with a piece of junk if something’s wrong…nah!