Philips 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Philips 47" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV
$699.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Philips 47PFL5704D/F7B 47" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with Pixel Plus 3 HD

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
I can’t stop staring at your wooters.us!

Philips 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV [Refurbished] - $699.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Philips 47PFL5704D/F7B 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with Pixel Plus 3 HD

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Product Website

$1440 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-47PFL7403D-27-47-inch-1080p/dp/B00140ADMA

Woot let the dogs out!

What should I be concerned about when it comes to refurbished TVs like this. Are you not supposed to feed it after midnight or something?

oooooooooo…purdddy, brother has one, incredible…

Previous Woot

(photo on TV)

must be the mailman’s kid…

Interesting! I have this TV! Display is great when viewing blu-ray movies/files. One thing I do not really like about the TV is the “Digital Natural Motion” feature where it makes evrything seem like a soap opera. Luckily you can disable this feature.

Picks up the HD channels nicely. Using a little bit of everything when it comes to input devices: HDMI for Xbox 360 & Ps3, Component for Ps2 & Wii, and Composite for Dreamcast. The picture for all inputs are exactly what you’d expect from the quality of cable being used (In my case, pretty much the best…can’t really find component for DC without crazy shipping charges overseas.)
Does not have a VGA or DVI connection, but a simple DVI-HDMI adapter will work. It also doesn’t have Optical (Toslink) audio, but instead the orange digital coax, for all you audiophiles. I have it outputting to my receiver and sound couldn’t be any better.

Takes about 10 seconds after pressing power to have it display something. Has good sound, though I use a receiver most of the time.

I’m satisfied with it and have owned it without a hitch for 3 months so far. Firmware updates do exist for this TV, too. Overall, great picture if you know what you’re doing.

a 3.6 star average on buzzillions is pretty good.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/philips-47-widescreen-1080p-hdtv-lcd-120hz-pixel-plus-3-hd-47pfl5704d-reviews

To avoid confusion:
please remember there is only one “L” in the brand of this TV. If it was spelled with two “LL” it would be a screwdriver.

Hook this bad boy up to your PC and add some nvidia 3D to it and you have yourself a SICK system!

Yeah! Link up!

I never knew how to spell ix-nayed. Country of origin?

[MOD: PigLatinonia]

Does NOT appear to be anyway to connect a PC/Laptop with a Standard VGA (or sometimes called RGB??) output like most laptops

As far as I know, you can only convert DVI to HDMI

Div is usually a White Rectangular connector [with rounded corners] should work with DVI-to-HDMI adapter.

VGA [the one that will not work with this]
is the Blue Trapazoid shapped connector

All my laptops are around 2 years old, don’t have connections

Seemed like a pretty good deal up until that “refurbished” part.

$100 more for a brand new one on Amazon.

No thanks.

You can convert VGA to HDMI. I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Professional-Audio-Converter-VGA2HDMIPRO/dp/B001LRKB78/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277011417&sr=8-6 that works just fine. Granted your rez won’t be as high a DVI, but it is possible.

Looks like the perfect thing to get dad for father’s day!

Own this from the previous Woot (purchased as “retail therapy” the week my wife kicked me out of the house). LOVE the TV (don’t love the association with a dark period of my life). This thing is the PERFECT hockey box.

Dish Network for me, so none of the negatives of the 3-star Amazon review are part of my experience. Agree that the remote is a bit on the chintzy side, but the views are so so so wonderful (HD sports, HD movies, DVDs – haven’t had the pleasure of Blu-Ray… yet).