Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Can’t (-_-)

Actually this product does have a small 240mah battery with a capacitor. Being outside in the heat and cold these parts will eventually fail in time. Mine started failing at around 14 months which causes the video to drop out and the chime to stop ringing after a doorbell press. The button press is when the unit switches to the battery/capacitor for power.

After a new transformer and chime pro did not fix my issue they said it was a bad capacitor. Ring would not help with a new doorbell since I was a few months out of warranty(they actually offered me $10 off full price lol). I am now trying to piece together a replacement battery and capacitor. Unless you want to buy a new doorbell every 2 years, stay away.

Can anyone with experience with these explain the support you might get form things like IFTTT or Stringify? Can you use motion detection as a trigger for other actions (eg Motion detected as a trigger to turn on HUE lights)? Can you use another trigger to manually start recording (i.e. Arlo camera motion detection to trigger a 20 second record from the Ring?)

And if there are features, do they require you pay for the monthly service to use them?

Good luck with that! ADT is one of the most predatory companies out there. My security company was bought out by ADT and when my contract was up I tried to cancel. ADT insisted I was still under contract and continued to charge despite proof my contract had expired. Even when they finally relented and acknowledged my contract had expired they continued to harass me for the months they charged me AFTER I had cancelled! There are countless horror stories out there. I feel fortunate mine ended as well as it did.

I installed one of these in a home with no existing doorbell wiring. A basic 24VAC transformer from Digikey or Amazon, a 1-amp fuse (which ring support will send free if you call), some 2-conductor doorbell wiring. Took an afternoon, mostly to figure out where to locate the transformer and run the wire.

If you don’t have an existing wired doorbell and hook one up like this, during setup it is important to select “none” for the chime. Otherwise it will blow the fuse when the button is pushed as it tries to sound the chime.

Ring can be used as a trigger in IFTTT, but you cannot execute actions on it. So you couldn’t prompt it to start recording, but either a doorbell press or a motion detection could trigger something else.

I don’t have Stringify associated with my Ring account (Ring is for work, Stringify I use for home), but I imagine it’s the same: trigger event only.

I called the company when I purchased. Went through all the fixes- wifi booster, new unit, hardwired… It sucked. I wanted it to work. That was why I bought it!
I will be glad to sell it for $50 if I can find it. I was really going to toss it.

I installed the Ring Doorbell Pro about 9 months ago. I love it! However I did my research in advance and, at the same time, I installed a 30VA doorbell transformer. I’ve never had any wifi or connection issues with it.

I’m so annoyed! I just bought one at the normal price. The first one had wifi issues so after working with Ring’s pretty amazing support I was sent a new one. So far working well. I should note I have a netgear orbi setup, allowing for an extremely strong wifi signal. I can’t get the Ring to ring my doorbell, but I think it’s the doorbell’s fault. It’s really really old.

Don’t like it? Sell it to me. I’ll pay something reasonable for a used/open box item.

My worst purchase on Woot. Obviously defective, won’t connect to wifi. Spent hours on the phone with support and I installed a 48VA power supply, Ring Chime Pro (for extended wifi) even though my router is less than 20 ft away and still no go. They recommend sending it back and getting another one. The price on Woot is very different from Amazon. I asked Ring for a replacement, “We don’t do that, you need to return it”. So, I’m returning it. No more Ring products for me.