BeatsX In-Ear Wireless BT Headphones

BeatsX In-Ear Wireless BT Headphones

Mine arrived dead. Anyone else have any issues? When I plug them in the light is solid white, but when I unplug them the power button does nothing. Following the reset instructions didn’t work as well where you hold down the volume down button and the power button for 10 seconds. I am bummed.

3 Likes

Sorry for the problems. If charging for a few hours doesn’t fix it, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Ordered 3 pairs (one for me, 2 for gifts). The first pair is dead - yes I charged it - no it will not come on. Tried all the tips and tricks given by apple - just won’t turn on. Apparently this is an issue (defect) with this product. Really pissed that this is the 3rd or 4th order from woot recently that has an issue in the last year (selling mostly junk these days???) or that we never received - never had problems in previous years. Hesitant to open the ‘gift’ pair to see if it works.

Sorry for the problem. I would open them and test them. Please reach out to Woot customer service as noted above.

Opened 2nd pair, also won’t turn on. Ran the diagnositcs through beats website, software is fully up to date, battery fully charged - dead. 3rd pair hasn’t even been delivered yet but I doubt they will work either.

Opened and tried the 3rd box (just received). Beats software fully updated, headset fully charged. Will NOT turn on. No light, nothing.

Update: I am online with Apple seeking service, and they are saying that ALL THREE are listed as out of warranty - These were listed as new on woot - but they said they must be refurbished?

1 Like

Mine also arrived fully charged (according to the Beats Updater), but unable to turn on if not plugged in. I also contacted Apple support and they said that since woot.com is not authorized to resell their products [1], the warranty started in July 2017, when they were built and ended a year later. The features page on the Woot item page explicitly listed the product as carrying a 1 year Apple warranty.

Apple quoted me $79 plus tax and shipping to look at them. More than Woot charged in the first place!

Amazon is an authorized reseller, and Woot is part of Amazon. Can Woot reach out to Apple and clear this up? Also, why is Woot selling broken stuff!?

[1] - https://www.beatsbydre.com/support/buying/authorized-retailers.html

1 Like

I agree, I have to sign in with Amazon, shipped by Amazon, woot is owned by Amazon - so why won’t they honor the warranty? I don’t want my money back…I want the headphones. If Woot will replace them that will be great, but all they’ve done in the past is just send back the money and say sorry. Yes I appreciate that they refund quickly and without any problems (thanks woot!) but I want the item I ordered. Please let us know if this issue can be solved through Apple warranty.

1 Like

Hi all. I’m sorry for the problems with the headphones. Please reach out to Woot CS. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Same here!!! Woot, will I be able to get this replaced, or just a refund?

Hi there. Sorry for the problem. Reach out to customer service and they’ll let you know your options. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I take it from the lack of activity here and the responses I got from customer service that Woot is not working with Apple. Apple wants $79 to look at them out of warranty (and hopefully fix them too?) and Woot offered $15 to get them fixed. I think it’s pretty clear that neither side is interested in this ending up with customers having working devices, so it’s all going to be a net hassle and waste of time - back where we started after returning them. Very unfortunate.

1 Like

Does it frustrate anyone else that woot just ran a sale on these again a few days ago? After saying they could not find any replacements? I didn’t see the actual sale but when I clicked the product link from my account it took me to a new thread from a few days ago with the same product being sold. But a few days before that I was told they were just ‘out’ of them.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I’m checking in with CS for you…

YOU DIDNT SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH OBVIOUSLY

Yes, it frustrates the hell out of me, because I bought during that newer sale and had the same experience but with slightly newer manufacture dates. But still, clearly not new, clearly not under warranty (making either of those claims falsely is a violation of state & federal consumer laws), and Woot appears to be a full-on scam operation these days. How are they getting away with this?

I’m sorry for the problem. Our vendor thought they were warrantied by Apple. Looks like they’re not. In the future, we’ll list them with a Woot warranty.

If you have any problems, reach out to Woot CS. If you have any issues there, reach out to me via Private Message here on the forums.