Cosentino Winery 2005 Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack

Cosentino Winery 2005 Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - 2 Pack
$69.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT:
2 2005 Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Winery website

If you like Cosentino, today’s your lucky day!

Yes indeed

We’re definitely in the middle of a Cosentin-off!

Ooh oohh! I get to be the first sucker! I bought the other one, too.

Wow, four offerings. Is the winery going out of business? And do they make anything caramel?

Sadly, they are.

Reminds me of LiveStrong Woot off!

BTW, anybody recognize the song in the write-up?

I’m stumped - unless it’s Mello Yello by Donovan

but maybe the Orange Crush comment is misleading me…

They’ve actually been bought out of foreclosure by a winery group that owns Girard. They’ve brought back the original owner as well. I guess they are still clearing out the pre-foreclosure inventory or maybe the bank sold it off to pay back creditors?

OK, my previous post on the previous 2005 offer today, really applies to this wine. Liked it a lot - of course I wish this were the same price as the other 2005.

and the estate liquadation wootoff continues. this might be some good vineo but im not taking a chance on a company that is out of business now.
hopefully some of the normal ww favs show up this afternoon

I found this article

Here’s another article about the buyout and the new owners bringing back the original owner to protect the brand:

http://www.northbaybusinessjournal.com/28311/vintage-wine-estates-buys-defunct-cosentino-winery-brings-back-founder/

Unrelated question:

I purchased the Kaleidscope which was my first purchase during a wootoff, but didn’t receive a confirmation email and it’s not showing up in my account either. Do you think there’s a problem or does the woot system take longer to update during a wootoff?

From Business Week:

Cosentino Winery, LLC engages in production of wine. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Yountville, California. Cosentino Winery, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Cosentino Signature Enterprises Ltd., LLC. On October 18, 2010, an involuntary petition for liquidation under Chapter 7 was filed against Cosentino Winery, LLC in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California. On November 9, 2010, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court approved the involuntary petition.

Interesting. I haven’t had this, but I tasted quite a few Cosentino wines in the '90s and never had a single one I liked. I respect your palate, so this might be interesting to many.

What’s unclear is whether bringing back the original guy is good for the brand.

Is there a reason why we cannot get the ABV on these wines?

It’s even better then a BOGO sale!

These retailed for $75/bottle at the winery.

Reviews at CT are off the charts!

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=583163

Where’s the Black Tie icon for this one?