Derby #47 Cyberpub: Hey mister tambourine man, play a song for me

I didn’t forget about everyone, promise. As always, friendly derby discussion is always welcome. :slight_smile:

Simplicity is the property, condition, or quality of being simple or un-combined. It often denotes beauty, purity or clarity. Simple things are usually easier to explain and understand than complicated ones. Simplicity can mean freedom from hardship, effort or confusion. It may also refer to a simple living lifestyle.

(from Wikipedia)

but simple can also connote not intellectually endowed. :slight_smile:

I never said it wasn’t. Just a wikipedia quote.

I know, i was being obnoxious. the light circle returning to the fog before voting closed improved my mood significantly. :slight_smile:

Hopefully it gets printed too…

whee, I get to use my puppy again! :slight_smile:

Ah, a new Cyberpub. Almost feels like home…

Foxes and dogs live outside… easy resub…

Just kidding. I would get so much heat if I did that. XP

I B simpl.

First sketch of an idea… hope I can turn it into something respectable.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2062/blackbirdsqe4.gif

Four and twenty blackbirds, baked in a pie…

I don’t like drawing birds. Drawing 24 of them will be crazy…

Sorry I’m late folks! Kids and life, ya know.

CURRENT DERBY

Home. It’s where the heart is, where you hang your hat, where you go to play with your toys, where you turn when you need subject matter for a heartwarming cliche. Home can be a split-level ranch, a jail cell, a space station, an underground burrow, an entire planet. And it can be taken away, as millions of Americans are now discovering. If your homey shirt design can win the hearts of the voters, it will find a good home on one of our Woot tees. Now let’s go home!

No text this week. (Insert boos)

If you need a few, I could try to send you some sketches tonight. I’m relatively good at cartoony birds.

I have an idea of how to draw simple ones. I’ll see if it pans out. If it doesn’t, I wouldn’t mind some free references. :tongue:

I think the hardest part will be drawing them in a way such that they’ll be recognizable despite the small size.

ShekTek, check the top of page 36 in PWA

???

If I never see another derby with text it will be too soon. Between slogans and the imagination crests I’m soooo sick of text on shirts.

but it could just be me

I’d rather not get into a philosophical and moral debate in these forums, sorry…

it’s not just you.

of course, the rejection icons are starting to bug me a lot.

I’m all for not allowing excessive text. But if I want to do a design with a compass on it, I am banned from using N, S, E and W. Sometimes a bit of text helps a design, that’s all.

Right now I’m just sad about the colour limit. I want to do some shading…

Haven’t drawn the birds yet either.

I’m not going to even start tonight. I’m tired from lack of sleep. I might call it a night, and try to work tomorrow on my idea, which is “all roads lead to home”. I’m going for the slam dunk design (working really hard on the details so that it all looks coherent), and have a sketch I’m gonna work off of.

Another idea I have involves dressing the earth up in a hat and scarf, but not sure if I can pull it off…