Derby #63: Art as Text

The Derby #63 Cyberpub. If we’re not chillin’ around here, check over there. All are welcome.

First time here? Want to submit an entry and maybe forgot something? Think you’re good to go? Read these **rules for rejection ** compiled by derekfilley anyway.You should also look at this help thread by tgentry.

Very cool. This should be a really creative one!

EDIT: now all I can think of is YMCA… would that be rejected?

bah,… im stumped already lol

Wow…
Apparently recycled themes are becoming a habit. :confused:

So…do you have to spell out a word or can you just do one letter? --or random letters?

Too true!

Now I guess the challenge is to come up with a saying that people would want.

Looks like they don’t care either way…no restrictions on the number of letters that I can tell.

Is plain text allowed with the design? Say I make up a word and do the first letter as art and the rest plain text or maybe a short word and throw a little slogan at the bottom?

That was my first thought too!

I’m gonna say no, and I think the rejectionator would agree with me. The idea is that the only text allowed needs to be made up of pictures. No typing allowed.

Hey, I like your shirt store by the way… have been waiting for the return of the purple menace! :smiley:

I would think if its incidental text that is hand drawn, then yes… Just no typed fonts.

So, this feels like the slogan derby part 2. Sort of.

Hand-drawn text is still just text, not pictures. Woot staff, can you back me up on this?

I really hope the rejectionator is bringing his A-game this week.

i don’t think i’d want to draw an entire slogan of letters… so i’m thinking a single word.

I think this could be good so long as recycled ideas aren’t submitted. or the millions of people who thought their entries from the last derby worked for this one better.

I agree with ansharp on this one. Methinks they mean it all has to be images, just like in derby 36 no non-text elements were allowed. In this case plain text should be rejected if they’re calling this the opposite.

thanks :slight_smile: maybe some day ill be lucky enough to earn a bonified woot shirt :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for checking it out!

BK

*shudders at the memory