Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablets

Kindle Fire HDX 7" Tablets

@ThunderThighs Why are there two “Very Good” options, with one grayed out?

I have a 32gb version of this. Beautiful screen. Great sound (for a tablet speaker). Slow as molasses these days.

1 Like

The spacing is different making our system see them as different. One is sold out for whatever model it was associated with.

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question, but… can I assume that a refurbished Fire 7 HDX comes with a new battery?

Depends on refurbisher but generally, doubtful. That said, I have purchased refurbished HDX and they are wonderful if you want Amazon videos or to read a book. The 2013 versions are stuck on an earlier version of Fire OS (which is not identical to Android OS) that makes for incompatibility with many newer apps like e.g., newer games and sometimes updates to ones you downloaded into your account in past. A shame since the speed and screen resolution is better than most in the same size.

If you want one of the best screens for reading in resolution and size, this is a bargain. Far better than on a large format phone. For Amazon Prime video and Netflix in high depth, it currently is great. But for Parmount+ no go.

If you want to play games, know that Amazon made a lot of software including past downloaded games and antivirus software disappear from their site - which is outrageous. Some games which work fine in 7 year old iPads do not work well probably due to the differences in Fire OS 4.5.5.3 (based on but not identical to Android OS 4.4 kitkat) and/or connections to Amazon servers as intermediaries. Later Fire OS devices (not this one) on Fire OS 5.6.7.0 (based on Android OS 5.1) are a bit better but still flawed. Amazon tech support has been unresponsive to compatibility issues likely because they can’t do anything about the differences from true unmangled Android. For these reasons think what you want to use the device for very carefully to guide your choice.

2 Likes

Hi there. The units are tested to make sure they have good battery life remaining.

2 Likes