Krave Jerky - 5 pack

I don’t care how good this might taste, there’s no way on god’s green earth I’m paying $20.00 for a pound of JERKY!

I completely 100% Agree. I bought it in a local grocery store, $12 per package, 2 packages, threw both away. VERY VERY wet Jerky, very sticky sweet, and neither flavor was edible. I’m not a “candied meat” kind of girl, and this was beyond repulsive.

essentially 5 dollars a pack for jerkey, sorry that’s convenience store prices and we have Wild Bill’s which I’d much rather spend my money on.

Jack Links, for a similar sized bag, is $5/bag. This is about average for Jack Links territory.

I love jerky. I eat a lot of it. I bought this a while ago and threw most of it in the trash because I couldnt find anyone that would eat it.

random gas station jerky is better.

The “flavor” on this jerky is a gooey sort of paste that makes eating it feel like month old general tsao’s.

EDIT: I did not get the curry flavor in my pack so maybe that one is good.

It’s the sweet ones that are super sticky because they’re lathered up with sugar like crazy. The others have normal jerky consistency and I found them to be pretty good as a whole. Some were fantastic, some were meh. A little cheaper and I’d be in for 3, but at $20 per I’ll pass.

At least it finally looks like a deal compared to the 5-flavor sample pack on the Krave website. It’s up to $35 with free shipping, now.

Krave Sample Pack

Jerky is better than bacon. :slight_smile:

True about the additives, but then again, the fat is cooked out, so it’s healthier in terms of calories and cholesterol.

As for the spicier ones, some of us pepperheads like 'em.

Exactly!!!

That’s just it. I could make a website selling a turd for 20 bucks and then woot could offer the same turd for $5. It doesn’t make it worth it. That’s the whole trick to woot, deciding whether or not the “deal” is actually a deal or not. Some deals are not. Like this one.

That looks delicious, but how could I eat it after I spent the arm and the leg to get it?

Well, it was an even worse deal when Krave was offering it at the same price as Woot, plus you get to pick which flavors you receive on the Krave website. That’s all I meant to say. Now there’s a difference in price, at least.

To clarify - the Krave Jerky I bought in January had one gooey pack, but the ones I bought in May were all dry. I’m wondering if Krave fixed the problem. Anyone?

How much should god natural jerky cost, and where can you buy it? I don’t really like the plastic stuff from 7-ll and “gas” stations either. This is a step up in that it’s tasty and expensive and unhealthy instead of horrible and expendive and unhealthy!

The pork jerky was delicious… the beef flavors were not very good. Haven’t tried the lemon garlic.

It is disappointing to see corn syrup and so many preservatives in these.

LOL I presume you do know that bacon rashers = quality posts (aka your favourite food) but it seems they changed the filters back…

Interesting flavors and unconventional meats make this Krave Jerky worth a try for the carnivore seeking to spice up their afternoon snack. Several of the flavors were a bit too sweet for my taste, but the curry is an experience to be had and the spicy flavors have just the right burn.

Buy this sample for yourself and keep Krave in mind for your next gift basket!

OK, blew my coupon on this one. in for 2.

I got it last time on the woot-off, quite good.

If you like dry jerky this is not for you though…

yikes corn syrup? i am halfway between “all natural” and nitrate jerky, but as one might say…

this. does. not. compute.

No go for me, considering you can get some great jerky (albeit with nitrates) for under $15/lb - one of my favs is Big Johns. Maybe not the same “gourmet” flavors, but the quality has never dissapoint me.

Wow, preservative city. Even Costco sells preservative free beef jerky. Give us a break, Woot, and just unload this stuff to BigLots. It looks like it deserves a space on their shelves, along with all the other supermarket, sodium nitrate (linked to cancer)laden varieties. For those of you in the Los Angeles area and who are beef jerky fanatics, I strongly recommend a trip to East LA, to a place called A&Z Nutwagon. It’s right off the 60, near the 5. The guy makes his own beef jerky, without preservatives, and the flavor is amazing. I always get the peppered (he only makes two kinds).