Kunde Family Estate 2004 Drummond Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon - 3 Pack

To the winemaker:

What, if any, fining was performed?

These are two separate offerings. The Drummond is made from the lineage vines brought to the Sonoma Valley by Jon Drummond from France. The story is that Drummond was an English Sailing captain that sought out the Sonoma Valley as the location of the next great vineyard plantings after Bordeaux. The ruins of his winery still exist on the South end of the Kunde Estate.

This wine did not use a fining agent.

50% new French oak was used in this blend. Due to the steep hillside from which the fruit comes, three separate picks created three separate fermentations which were all pressed and aged separately to only be married just prior to bottling.

very tempting!! I already have 9 bottles on the way - no more space!! I guess it’s time to buy a new rack!

So would you (or any wine wooters) have an idea of how to determine the value of these? I dont see it listed in Cellar Tracker.

This is indeed a mistake, we can ship to Michigan!

There are right around 50 cases of this wine left of this very limited offering. Keep in mind this wine is coming to you bottle aged and ready to drink. At the wine.woot price of basically $20/bottle for a stand alone ready to go Cabernet Sauvignon, the value is there.

Since there have been some questions about the wine I thought I’d chime in with my experience. I got the mixed set from Kunde that was offered last May which included the 2005 Drummond, 2005 Reserve, and 2007 Estate cabs. All have been good and were well worth what I paid. The standout of that bunch was definitely the Drummond, which was deeper and richer than the Reserve and in a different class altogether than the Estate. CT values look to be highest for the Drummond compared to the others and you don’t get many chances to get aged flagship cabs for 20 bucks. In for the max.

or drink more :slight_smile:

Any one in Boulder want to split this up?

In Boulder … let’s order 2 and split it :wink:

I’m on it! Two it is.

I’ve been reading a little on the origins of Cab in Cali (Drummond was a key player). Anybody know what FPS this Cab is? Just curiousity…

Hopefully my girlfriend will appreciate this.

Kunde Cabernet = autobuy

woot!

Sold out! Well that’s kinda cool. Shouldn’t have doddled on this one.

You do get to save 2.50 on the shipping. Not too shabby.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sold out T.T

aggggggg sold out :frowning: