Memorex 3' High Speed HDMI Cable – 2 pack

These are almost too short to hook up anything in an entertainment center. So, if you have your tv on top of your player or right next to it, these are a great deal. Just make sure it’s not any more than 2 feet away.

BS, I have 3D that works fine with old cable

Still not a great deal

This is the same quality as what you’d find for $20 in a store. Granted the length is short, yes. But it does the job so long as you have your PS3/Xbox/Blu ray player pretty close to the tv. Pretty decent deal.

The price on these is fantastic. Even if you don’t have an HDMI TV or monitor, you can use them as cat toys.

Meow!

Despite what you have read in fantasy magazines, size does matter.
And these are … shall we say, lacking?

These are perfect for rigging stuff up to an A/V receiver. Short hookups making for less mess behind the rig… In for a couple

The length can be a big plus; think about the tangled jungle of wires behind your TV. Instead of a 7’ cable going from your receiver to your Xbox, you can have a short patch cable-like thing.

thats what she said.
pause for cheap laugh

I’ll take a guess and say that these are normal HDMI’s and not HDMI’s with ethernet built in.

when i buy hdmi cables, i go to meritline, usually i can get 3 6 ft cables for around 7 bucks shipped for CA(via snail/smartpost)

They’re pretty flexible. More so than I thought they’d be when I bought them.

These are very convenient. Just enough length to reach from my xbox/bluray/dvd/pc to my tv, also very easy to hide the cables, so it looks tidy without having to break out the zip ties.

They’re HDMI “High Speed” which is fine for 3D, etc. The 1.4a standard just specifies some extra formats and requires no changes to the physical cabling, as long as it’s “high speed” it will work. If it’s called “1.4” it probably also supports Ethernet (since that feature was introduced at 1.4), but few people care.

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/hdmi_1_4_faq.aspx#5

Edit, and yes that means jeffiekins post implying that the cable doesn’t support 3D @ 1080P 60 Hz is incorrect. That has nothing to do with the cable itself and is determined by the devices plugged into each end of it.

too short to be of much use, 6ft is the minimum I could use

3’? Yep, thats just about the EXACT length you need to almost connect something. Not ‘anything’, but ‘something’. Get it?

Useless length, and 70* the cost per foot of a cable at monoprice. I got an entire box full of cables; HDMI in different colors and lengths, SATA 90-degree with locks, and quadruplicates of 5 different lengths of USB-mini-B for my Kindle, and four 10-gauge silicone-coated PC power cords (NFPA 310.16 says its legal for 30 amps, more than what the recept is rated at in VA lol) for $31 shipped. This item tonight are for grandmothers that buy their grandkids the TRANSMORPHERS movie instead of the TRANSFORMERS movie, and pay more for it.

I look forward to all the post exposing all the smoke and mirrors hyperbole surrounding HDMI cables.

On second thought… Not really

In 4 3 or 6 3’s or 3 6’s or 2 9’s or 1 18’! YEAH!
or
a 3’ and a 15’
or
a 6’ and a 12’
Sorry I am an HDMI junkie… just can’t stop from clickin that big button on WOOT!
ok back to reality, I got the 12’ on a prev woot! very happy with them, these will clean up the look of a few locations in the house.

You are incorrect. The reference at Wikipedia refers to the software on the device and has nothing to do with the cables.

The whole “high speed” thing with HDMI cables is also complete marketing BS. Plastic covered copper wire isn’t going to transmit electrical current any differently just because there is a different version number on the packaging.

Agreed, the length is actually just right for connecting multiple HDMI devices to an A/V receiver in the same stack, or an HDMI switch or similar; could even be a bit shorter in some cases. I hate having way too much cable length that has to be wrapped up and shoved behind something. Then again, I’m probably one of very few people here with more than 6 HDMI devices in the same cabinet, and a single HDMI cable running from there to a ceiling mounted front projector.

ts;db

too short - didn’t buy

You were OK up to that point.

Here is where you’re completely wrong. Go take introduction to electronics. There can be (and often are) HUGE differences in the way a signal is transmitted through a cable and the interference it picks up and generates depending on the physical and electrical properties of the cable. As a simple example, go find a Category 5 (not 5e) Ethernet cable of, say 100 feet, and use it to connect two Gigabit Ethernet devices. See what happens, and then swap it for a Category 6 Ethernet cable and try again. The difference is less between HDMI Category 1 (“Standard”) and HDMI Category 2 (“High Speed”) but if you get a cable that’s not high speed it was not designed for, nor tested at 10.2Gbps and is only certified to work up to 2.25Gbps (1080i). You might get lucky and have it work fine without any noticeable data errors, especially if it’s short, but it’s not a particularly good idea.