This here nifty thread is for posting your BOC should you be so unlucky as to get one during the month of JANUARY 2021 in the Woot-Off, Digital Crap, or any other place where we might throw them out.
gif courtesy of drgandalf
Remember that you’re promised these things from your BOC:
- 3 items
- A bag if we remember to put it in
- Abject disappointment
If you get more than that, count your blessings or talk to someone about the disappointment that has swallowed up your life.
You may find that your order got denied or canceled. While this seems totally unfair and you’ll be tempted to complain to anyone that will listen, here’s a few things for your consideration:
- We will never have enough craps for those wishing to purchase craps.
- At best, the ratio of people attempting to available craps are 3:1… if you’re lucky. Usually it’s more like 25:1 or more.
- So many people try that it pushes our servers to the point of wanting to throw in the towel and just crash
- The servers have been known to crash.
To keep the servers from crashing, we have an order queue. You’ll enter the “Vestibule of Patience” while you wait for your order to be accepted, denied, or canceled. You should not exit the Vestibule to try again because that just puts you at the back of the line.
- If your order is accepted, then you can brag about your impending disappointment in this here thread and on your social media outlets of choice.
- If your order is denied, it’s nothing personal. It just means that we ran out before your order was processed. It’s our rude way of saying “Sorry!”
- If your order was cancelled, you were so, so, so close. So close that your payment went through but gosh darn it, we ran out of BOCs before we assigned one to you. We have to reverse all that work to refund your hard earned money.
Remember to post what you get!
Now one of the things that makes the Bag of Crap so much darn fun is to see what everyone got. The only way to see what everyone got is if everyone comes back to post what you got. See the trend here?
New EASY-TO-REMEMBER link: :w_boc: Share your 2023 Craps Here! - Shenanigans - Woot
That link will always take you to the current BOC thread (assuming I remember to update the link)
Taking your crap and running off with just steals the fun from everyone, especially me. So please post what you get.
So there you have it.
- Prepare for disappointment
- Post what you get
And let the waiting begin
Tell me what you thought of your Bag o’ Crap!
1 (hated it) to 5 (loved it!)
Huh. Woot! survived 2020.
The dumpster seems like a safe bet.
They’re cutting costs by making us pay to throw their trash out. That could be some of the reason they survived 2020.
Yay! A place to list my Jan 2 crap (when it arrives).
now all i need is a crap to go with this post. i got none through all the holiday events. so disappointing.
wait… is that the secret gift? disappointment WITHOUT the crap?
You outdid yourself this time, Woot! My Christmas Eve BoC is probably the crappiest BoC I’ve ever received (I know- I was warned!)
- Disney Moana playset
- Air Force sweatshirt (small)
- Collapsible bucket
- Box of 50 badge holders
- a couple of books I won’t read
- classroom banner
- halloween gift bags
- Detroit Lions / Matt Stafford shirt (medium- would probably fit)
- plastic snack box (repeat from last time)
- silicone straw (repeat from last time)
and of course…
- Woot bag (repeat from EVERY time!)
You’d think it would cure me from buying these things, but probably not…
I stand corrected- my grandson grabbed the sweatshirt and wore it for 3 days straight! I thought it would be too small for him. And the grandkids of a friend loved the playset and the bucket! So not the crappiest after all- that honor now goes to the one I got in March…
Never got one. Despite my efforts over several years. Is this good or bad?
Not a bad haul:
-LG wraparound Bluetooth headphones (how do
you know I lost my AirPod pros?!)
-Desk bowling game
-meditation adult coloring book
-Kids Bebop Costume
-Woot Bag of Holding
-I think my 3rd Cake Splat Game (this time in a box though!)
-Aerosmith MadLibs game (how… even?!)
-“Manly” lunch box?
-AND some Thanksgiving themed paper plates
After 13 years of being a wooter I got my first BOC. I remember mashing every night at 1am and now I finally got one. It was alright. I don’t need a life vest though.
The kid was included in the box. It had holes for him to breathe.
- Life vest (medium)
- North face jacket (XL) - nice jacket
- 2 Tongs
- 2 bouncy balls
- Roll up chess game (queens gambit anyone)?
- Woot bag
The Star Wars Hot Wheels item set this one off for me. In addition:
-Woot Crap Bag
-UnderArmor polo L
-Crap emoji stress ball
-Paper plates (we are a family of 8 so…YES!)
-Purple fake craft fur
-The Rise of Germany Book
-Kennewick Man (college text?)
-Cow paddle ball
-Swing Window Operator
-South Carolina Gamecocks tumbler
-And a black plastic “clampy-thingy” that I can’t quite figure out.
Poor thing must have been pretty cramped in that box.
Pretty good haul, if I do say so.
- mist cooling kit
- stereo Bluetooth headset
- T-Rex backpack
- cosmetics organizer
- Rams stickers
- foam poopmoji
- unicorn ballpoint pen (my favorite item)
- Phillies car headrest covers
- (hidden behind the headrest covers) a coiled hospital cord
- Wonder Woman dog costume (I think?)
- a pack of 20 hanging file folders
- a halogen bulb
- the bag
excited for my drill bits!
1 IDo3d set
1 Woot! World’s worst straw
1 Galaxy dress shirt
8 CFL bulbs
1 Shot Flask
My Beaded Ornamental Calumet is on its way with a posted weight of 6Lbs. Someone in the batch must have gotten a set of weights!
Lucky 13 items in my Bundle of Coal from Christmas Eve! I must say I’ve been more disappointed with past BOCs, maybe next time.
- Woot Crap Bag
- Under Armor polo - M
- Christmas paper plates
- Soda can toppers
- Pom pom maker kit
- Halloween costume
- Unicorn ballpoint pen
- Small yard flag
- Box of hanging folders
- Pool bush
- Cosmetics holder
- Poo stress “ball”
- Plumbing kit
Let’s see, from the top I recieved:
-Acrylic cosmetics holder
-3 mismatched drawer knobs
-1st grade math basics book
-Christmas coloring book
-Random ballpoint pen
-The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination Hardcover
-A polyester neck gaiter
-Light switch cover
-Woot shopping bag
Pretty happy overall! I’ve been looking for a new book and this is right up my alley.