:w_boc: Post your MAY 2021 Crap HERE!!

Howdy Wooters!

This here nifty thread is for posting your BOC should you be so unlucky as to get one during the month of MAY 2021 in the Woot-Off or any other place where we might throw them out.

disappointment

gif courtesy of drgandalf

Remember that you’re promised these things from your BOC:

• 3 items
  • A bag if we remember to put it in
  • Abject disappointment

If you get more than that, count your blessings or talk to someone about the disappointment that has swallowed up your life.

Order Snafus

You may find that your order got denied or canceled. While this seems totally unfair and you’ll be tempted to complain to anyone that will listen, here’s a few things for your consideration:

• We will never have enough craps for those wishing to purchase craps.
  • At best, the ratio of people attempting to available craps are 3:1… if you’re lucky. Usually it’s more like 25:1 or more.
  • So many people try that it pushes our servers to the point of wanting to throw in the towel and just crash
  • The servers have been known to crash.

To keep the servers from crashing, we have an order queue. You’ll enter the “Vestibule of Patience” while you wait for your order to be accepted, denied, or canceled. You should not exit the Vestibule to try again because that just puts you at the back of the line.

• If your order is accepted, then you can brag about your impending disappointment in this here thread and on your social media outlets of choice. :smiley:
  • If your order is denied, it’s nothing personal. It just means that we ran out before your order was processed. It’s our rude way of saying “Sorry!” :cry:
  • If your order was cancelled, you were so, so, so close. So close that your payment went through but gosh darn it, we ran out of BOCs before we assigned one to you. We have to reverse all that work to refund your hard earned money. :angry:

Remember to post what you get!

Now one of the things that makes the Bag of Crap so much darn fun is to see what everyone got. The only way to see what everyone got is if everyone comes back to post what you got. See the trend here?

New EASY-TO-REMEMBER link: :w_boc: Share your 2023 Craps Here! - Shenanigans - Woot

That link will always take you to the current BOC thread (assuming I remember to update the link)

Taking your crap and running off with just steals the fun from everyone, especially me. So please post what you get.

Cat_BOC%20Gif < Bad!!

Hi there! If you want to video you’re unboxing, please feel free to share! If you can get all shown in 30 seconds or less, we may just pick your video to showcase on our social media channels. If we do pick your video, you might just get a free BOC from us. It’ll still be crap, of course.

So there you have it.

• Prepare for disappointment
  • Post what you get
  • Earn :heart:

And let the waiting begin

A Poll!

Tell me what you thought of your Bag o’ Crap!
1 (hated it) to 5 (loved it!)

0 voters

1 Like

First

3 Likes

Well, I was too busy at work to snag one up during the woot-off or anytime during the Mobile week, but that didn’t stop me from getting one off the Twitter link today!!! Let the disappointment commence!

6 Likes

Hate to disappoint but we are far from disappointed and I was prepared to be. We will use everything we received. The rain slicker is hopefully not an omen and it has a funky smell. Favorite item? The light switch covers. It feels like they looked at our viewing history and then picked items. Seriously! Thanks Woot!

18 Likes

My BOC arrived, and it contains more practical items than I was expecting. In addition to the crap bag, I received a single cardboard woot coaster, 60 assorted cable ties, 3 scrub brushes, 50 ID holders (plastic things for lanyards), a steel shoehorn, a pair of yoga pants in my size, and a 6,000 lumens LED light bulb. I don’t have a use for the ID holders but found a friend who does. No empty boxes or broken items - I feel spoiled!

17 Likes

As I have looked at items posted over the years, I am surprised that Woot doesn’t have branded decks of cards. I’m a big collector and think that would just be great to receive one day although my wife would be disappointed to get yet another deck…hint :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Got my first BOC! Overall several useful items actually. Multidirectional light was actually something I have been thinking about buying. Otherwise here is the list: Bag, coaster, scrub brushes, cable ties, bike tire innertube (another thing I could actually use although it is Schrader not presta), baby leg warmers, shoe laces, baby toy, shoehorn, and hdmi cord with Ethernet via HDMI. Overall a decent haul.

14 Likes

My “bucket of coffee” offered the perfect balance of disappointment and that is kind of cool. There is a solar powered fountain pump, for someone’s pool, a medium dog foot scrubber for someone’s pooch, some scrub brushes, cable ties, HDMI cable, a touring tube for a road bike, this will fit one of my bikes, and a large moisture-wicking polo shirt for someone, and a nice two-way radio, which is a definite keeper my daughter just got 4 walkie talkies for her birthday. There is also a shopkin and a mushroom kaleidoscope. Plus a woot coaster and bag! Beyond psyched to share my BOC and make it someone else coffee. Thanks Woot!

16 Likes

Yay, May Crap! I haven’t got any yet, but I live in hope…

6 Likes

My bird “pool” would love that!

3 Likes

My first BOC! I’m impressed. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but it wasn’t useful crap! There is a red microfiber rug, black pants, white tee shirt, cards, collapsible basket, light switch cover, iPhone case, phone holder, a book that was previously published in 1926 about Jesus. Lord knows I need more Jesus in my life. A woot bag and coaster. I can’t wait to try again in 31 days. Love it!! Thank you!

13 Likes

Got my BOC today and 100% of it is going in my garbage can. I got the same stuff in this BOC that I got in a BOC last year. I definitely will not buy another one in the future. Not sure what the hype is.

8 Likes

Not sure how to feel about this one. Usually get a lot more crap, but somehow this stuff is much more useful than normal.

Printer paper (Score! Needed that anyway)
Composition notebook
Flossers
Zip ties
Makeup remover towel
Woot! Coaster
Emoji plush thing
Descendants doll
Woot! Tote

May actually use most of the stuff so not as disappointing as most. :person_shrugging:

18 Likes

Yippy! My first BOC & I’m thrilled! Thank you Woot BOC packers!

Items in this Bag O’ Cords are as follows:

• Woot “I buy all my CRAP on Woot!” bag
  • Woot monkey with a protruding boo-boo.
  • Reynolds Wrap
  • Mini Camping Light
  • Seagate Backup Storage Drive
  • Sengled Smart LED ( 2 bulbs, soft) ready to work with me via Alexa
  • Grow/Propagation Light Bulbs
  • Paracord Keychain (w/cCompass)
  • Small Collapsible Storage Basket
  • 5, YES 5 pairs of fuzzy socks.
  • 10 B Clarinet Reeds (which unfortunately I will not be able to use…gift :frowning: )

I will keep most for my consumption & absorption. I plan to use the lamp, backup drive, Reynolds Wrap, Woot bag, Woot coaster, Collapsible Storage basket & socks. The rest will be wrapped & gifted.

15 Likes

So this is where those come to brag about their woot offerings. Well congrats to those who were lucky enough to work from home or have 2G wifi speeds. I was not so lucky currently running that slower 1G on the 10S+ while supplying the heroes of USA.

I second this.

I still don’t tweet, twitch nor twerk. I personally never will fall to such practices and I rather not brag to the social platform outlets about how great my life is. It would ultimately upset others and cause mass depression. I do have morals and I couldn’t live with myself if I caused others to be depressed. No I don’t drink either.

How’s those pointless pushes going? Still receiving upsetting one liners about the life of those superficial characters pertaining to their personal relationships. Yeah still glad I’m not a subscriber!

1 Like

I actually only signed up for Twitter to watch for Woot Bags of Crap :joy::joy::rofl:

10 Likes

Okay woot, so I know this bucks of camels bag of crap was supposed to be crappy but I feel I scored! Thank you for making my very first bag so memorable!

1. Badge Holders - meh, probably a donation
  2. The signature bag - YAY!
  3. Woot Coaster - nice for my desk
  4. Echo dot leather case - should I get one? I’ve been thinking about it, this might just be a sign
  5. Scrub brushes - can’t go wrong here
  6. Cable ties - nice! I can never have enough of these
  7. Cable ties - fun sizes!
  8. Shoe horn - time to replace my old plastic one with this nice metal one
  9. Invisibobble hair ties - totally stoked I love these!
  10. Pill Splitter - woah I can give my mom hers back :wink:
  11. A pair of shorts - not pictured because they fit my dad and so he has already stolen them
  12. Bra straps in clear - can’t go wrong with these I guess
  13. Floss - nice to know woot cares about dental hygiene
  14. Oakley gloves - these are apparently military and law enforcement grade, might take them down to the local station and see if they could use them
  15. My favorite A LEGO SET! - I am so beyond pumped to put this lego Star Wars set together.

Thank you so much woot!

16 Likes

Woot, I was so Not disappointed in this bag of crap. I don’t know what happened but I appreciate it! Someone there must have been in a very good mood.

*2 terabyte hard drive - the Woot gods must have smiled on me!!! It was not opened, so it may even work!

• pill containers
  • Harry Potter socks
  • Panda bear shower cap - going to be a gift for and 11 year old
  • revolver coffee mug
    lamp dimmer switch
  • dental floss
  • gel bead eye mask - given to a friend who was so very excited!
  • binder clips
  • spice containers
  • iPhone screen protector

And of course the bag and coaster! :slight_smile:

I have also attached a picture of two cute baby kitties that will be going to new homes when they get old enough. I wanted to add the Awwwww Factor!

21 Likes

Awwww…baby kittens.:heart_eyes: :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I knowwww… the mom was a stray that we decided to keep but we were not able to get her spayed in time.

9 Likes