Shirt Derby: Friday, July 27, 2007

The Derby is open for voting! To submit your own design, go to the submission page. For more details about the Derby, see our FAQ.

Derby #1: One

One. In Madrid, it’s ‘uno’. In Tokyo, it’s ‘ichi’. In Tashkent, it’s ‘bir’. It’s the loneliest number that you’ll ever do, and the easiest number that you’ll ever write. And it’s the theme for the inaugural Derby on Shirt.Woot. Interpret it however you see fit, twist it and distort it and remix it, go numerical or verbal or symbolic or conceptual – as long as you don’t lose that essential oneness. 0n3!111!1!!

Voting

Only users who have made at least one purchase at any Woot site may vote in the Derby. If that’s you, just click “I’d Want One” next to any designs that catch your fancy. You can vote for as many different designs as you like, but only once per design. If you don’t see the “I’d Want One” buttons next to the designs, you’re either not logged in, or you’ve never bought anything from Woot. Go log in and/or buy something if you want to vote.

Derby Schedule

• Friday at noon: Derby theme is announced, Derby opens for submissions and voting
  • following Wednesday at noon: submissions close
  • following Thursday at noon: voting closes, winner announced
  • following Friday at 12:00:01 AM: winning design for sale on Shirt.Woot

Awesome! This should be interesting.

Are the candidates going to be put up in near-real-time as they are submitted?

I’d Want One!

There seems to be an eror.

Interesting theme for the “derby” - I may just have to try something like this - but I’ll have to find a collaborating artist methinks. Hmmm . . . it IS the loneliest number.

“I want one” button.

People would buy it, because it’s woot.

The FAQ page says info on how many colors to use is on the submissions page. I can’t find it- would youse guys elucidate? Snapster thought it was five, then six was mentioned.

Is the voting going to be on this page or where?

Simple. Thematic. Appropriate.

I would vote for it. If I could.

I would buy it.

Then I could vote.

One on each nipple.

Go to http://shirt.woot.com/derby/ for the voting.

the shirt should make some reference to the “bag o’ crap”…who else can sell out in minutes selling bags o’ crap then Woot.

Wow, these people are not following the rules at all.
BTW, I put up a test shirt using your slug, I put DO NOT VOTE on it though.

It uses our copyrighted image though.

Vote for my Shrimp Buffet shirt because I want one of those.

Derby #32 Cyberpub: Musings of a forum

It also isn’t in vector format.

Luke: you didn’t follow the rules though, when I click on it I don’t get to see it on a shirt.

I am eating at the shrimp buffet… i am #1

It’s all about the Shrimp Buffet.

http://www.cherrytreecatering.com/images/600_Shrimp_Table.jpg

I’ll swap it out when I can. Gimp wasn’t happy with the artist templates we have up. We’re looking into it.

I vote hax, Woot staff should not be able to enter the contest, because of possible prior knowledge of the contest. Unless this can be proven false anyway.

I’m guess that is where you guys went with you woot hat ebay money?