Vornado Flippi Fan

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Vornado Flippi Fan
$12.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: New
Product: 1 Vornado Flippi V6 Personal Air Circulator
Color: Dark Blue, Turquoise, Red, Raspberry

How well would these circulate air actually? I mean comparatively to a regular fan. I know it wont be that comparable. But it would be useful to know because I might get these for college uses.

I have one of these at my desk in college. It’s pretty powerful for its size but it still isn’t as strong as one of those clip fans like this: http://www.amazon.com/Holmes-HACP7W-7-Inch-Clip-Personal/dp/B00006WNO4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1248584675&sr=8-2
i can only really feel the fan when im sitting like 2 or 3 feet away from it.

Is that the speed selector on the bottom?

yeah

The reviews on amazon say its loud and doesn’t blow much air. I’m gonna pass.

Vornado fans typically move 2x the air of a regular fan. I’m thinking some thing for the desk or maybe a small bedroom.

Can I use this as a replacement for my broken pc fan :wink:

Amazon is not giving great reviews about it. Yet this is exactly what I’m looking for in a fan. I’m really on the border.

In for 1; seems like it will fit my needs perfectly.

will buy the v8 or, even more likely, v10 version of this fan if Woot offers at a typically good price

Vorandos are great!

How is the Flippi V6 compared to the Zippi?

I was thinking the exact same thing

These are personal fans, meaning they are to be placed on a desk two to three feet away from your face.

They work good as “personal coolers.” Often times it’s uncomfortable in a room not because of heat, but just because the air is not circulating. So these are great at getting some air moving around your space.

But don’t get one to circulate air in a room. One needs a big fan for that. These are very small (if you have a ruler, measure six inches, that’s how tall these are).

I have some of these small fans all around the house.

One blows on my notebook computer since heat is a notebook computer’s biggest enemy.

I have another sitting on my desk that I turn on any time I need a breeze fast, to cool me down, for example, after a bike ride.

And I have one on my bedroom window ledge. I have the window open about four inches and the fan site about three feet from my bed. I turn that on at night sometimes to send a cool breeze when it’s hot at night.

I don’t trust this brand so much. I bought a Vornado fan for college a year ago and it busted within the first day of using it. It also made a lot of noise. Just save your money and buy a Hunter fan.

I suspect these blow far more air than the Zippi. I don’t know the motor specs, but I assume this has a more powerful motor, plus the blade is larger so it moves more air.

But see the review I found below and also consider the Caframo Chinook I recommend.

Vornado Fans are guaranteed for life. If you had just called their customer service department they would have probably replaced it for free and they would have paid for the shipping in both directions.

If this was powered by usb I would buy it…

I was all set to buy, but then I checked Amazon and saw the below review. Hmm… I was going on the Vornado name, as this person apparently did.

I’ll have to pass.

“Very noisy fan - cheaply built - expected more from Vornado, not this cheap made-in-China junk.”