Philips 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

Did it… first time I bought something other than a shirt… been wanting an HDTV for 2yrs… and BAM… splurge. The Refurb doesn’t scare me like it seems to so many. Not that I have experience with refurbished TVs but I do have a 2 yr old refurbed Philips 5:1 home theater and have never had a problem. Having been manufactured in 2008 is not that old, especially when you consider the refurb happened since then. Can’t really beat a 47" LCD 1080p w/ 120HZ for $705. Lets just hope the screen is in good shape. Knocking on wood!

This is my 1st Woot. I’ve read, "If your order doesn’t change to “shipped” within 5 business days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com. “…
Since there’s no one to actually speak too, I’m wondering if anyone has seem any movement as of yet for the Phillips 47” TV, or can an experienced Hooters can chime-in on how long it could take for items to ship.
Thanks.

This was just sold on the 20th, so it looks like we’re on business day one and a half. We really do mean the 5 business day thing, so we’ll be sure to get it out before then.

Thanks

[QUOTE=jdaedelus, post:25, topic:286118]
here it is at $899 plus $59.00 shipping

Well you must be very proud of yourself

http://www.filmregister.com/pics/actor/001/Arnold_Schwarzenegger.jpg

~Aww~ You still measure your widdle tv in inches.

The big boys measure theirs in feet these days.

Shipping Update

Philips 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV has completely shipped. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

So my TV was going to come today, but when I checked the tracking on the UPS website, it says

06/28/2010 11:59 A.M. DAMAGE REPORTED / DAMAGE CLAIM UNDER INVESTIGATION

06/28/2010 9:04 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE IS BEING RETURNED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

06/28/2010 8:28 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS

Soo… it never made it to the house, and I never saw it. I called the UPS warehouse here and they said I need to call P&F to ask them what’s going to happen. P&F said I gotta call Woot. Of course, I can’t call Woot, so I’m posting here. What’s gonna happen to my TV/money?

When it gets back, we should be able to give you a full refund. If you would like a replacement TV, we can work with P&F to try and get another sent out. You’re welcome to email us (we are very phone shy): service@woot.com.

I purchased this T.V. but only received the tv screen. The power cord, manual, and remote are missing.

Package arrived Monday June 28. The LCD TV was there but nothinhg else. The box appeared damaged and may have been retaped with scotch tape.

The results were the same as previously reported by another wooter. “I purchased this T.V. but only received the tv screen. The power cord, manual, and remote are missing.”

Anyone else with this problem?

I got mine today. the box was taped up with clear packaging tape…kind of…Then I got it out of the box and the screen is broken. I emailed service@woot.com and am waiting a reply. I can see the screen is broken right where the box is ripped by what looks like impact during shipping.

Mine is coming today…after reading these I am pretty nervous/upset about what might happen with mine…

If you have trouble with your TV, please email us at service@woot.com. We can help you get missing accessories, and handle damaged shipments. Just be sure to include your order number so we can find your information quickly.

Damaged Upon Delivery

Order number is 30408709.

I bought a Phillips 47pfl5704D/FB referb from WOOT!.com on 06/20/2010.

I’m uncertain who is responsible and who will make good on this sale.

I called Philips who instructed me to contact Woot directly.

The TV was delivered today (June30, 2010). UPS was the carrier. The box was ripped and dented although the TV’s case didn’t show obvious physical damage. Once I hooked the TV up, it displayed a garbled and frozen screen, black in areas and thin vertical, diagonal and colored lines elsewhere. The unit was completely nonoperational meaning it couldn’t change input sources, channels, nothing.

I contacted UPS who will be picking up the unit tomorrow (Thursday July 1, 2010.) and have a damage call tag.
Philips says that my 90 day warranty started when purchased - UPS says at least 2 weeks before a replacement would be issued, assuming the UPS is found to have damaged during shipping.

Please advice.

Jeff Gottschalk

Here’s something I posted in the other forum that applies here too:

My TV arrived today (one day late due to a UPS ‘emergency’). The packaging was pretty beat up with UPS tape barely holding together the top of the box and the actual TV visible from outside of the box. I took some pictures of the outside, just in case, but everything appears fine. The TV looks to be in good condition physically and the picture looks sharp.

UPS needs to do a better job taking care of $700 packages.

So, I’m on pins and needles all day because UPS does not deliver my TV until 8:30 PM. The box was not dented, but I could lift up one corner of the box and see inside. I signed for it hoping that the stress of waiting all day for it to be delivered appeased the Gods of Luck. Yes, everything was in the box (manual, remote and power cord). The picture is perfect, no dead pixels or lines. I don’t know what was wrong with this TV, but it’s fixed now. Thank you WOOT, another great deal. PS…this screen is big. I’ve been using my wonderful 23" Acer monitor(another great WOOT deal)as a TV, but I’m certain I’ll be used to this size very quickly. Good Luck to anyone still waiting for delivery.

Received mine yesterday. It worked for about 2 hours, then loud screeching sounds, picture became distorted, sound cut out, then TV became unresponsive to remote and buttons stopped working including power button. Had to pull the plug to turn it off.

Tried it the next day on a different HDMI input and different source, only lasted 22 minutes before it did it again.

No more refurb. I am returning and want my money back.

Bummed out